- BTIG Starts Fixed Income Group With UBS, Citi Vets. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the decision of fixed income veterans Jon Bass and John Purcell to establish a fixed income group that will function as a brokerage house at BTIG. According to Purcell, the fixed-income group, along with the equity trading abilities of BTIG, will make the company's...
- CME Courses for Breast MRI CAD. Vasko, Cat // Medical Imaging;Sep2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p15
The article announces the educational grant received by the International Center for Postgraduate Medical Education from Confirma Inc.
- Calvin Price State Forest Tour Scheduled. // State Journal (WV);12/14/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 48, pT8
The article reports on the public tour of West Virginia's Division of Forestry to be held on December 15, 2012 at Calvin Price State Forest in Pocahontas County, West Virginia.
- First Half 2003: Private placement investors pour it on. Sweeney, Paul // Private Placement Letter;8/18/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the market for privately-placed fixed-income securities in the U.S. for the first half of 2003. Factors behind the surge in activity among private placement investors; Key transactions during the period; Implications on the securities market.
- 1994 a terrible year for long-duration bonds. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;3/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the performance of long-duration fixed income bonds in 1994. Effect of the rise in interest rates; Pensions and Investments Performance Evaluation Report (PIPER) as source of information; Performance of shorter term managers; Rankings of mortgage-backed separate accounts.
- The money workshop--part VI fixed-income investments. Chang, Ivan // Chinatown News;2/18/96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p26
Part IV. Focuses on the investment properties of several fixed-income investments in Canada. Bearer coupons; Mortgage-backed securities; Preferred shares.
- Common stock response to false signals from creditwatch... Elayan, Fayez A.; Maris, Brian A. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer90, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p16
Deals with the placement of a fixed income security on Standard and Poor's CreditWatch list which indicates that the issue is being reviewed for possible rerating. Giving attention to the stock price response to false signals positive and negative placements on CreditWatch; Previous research...
- The calm after the storm. Williams, Gordon // FW;3/1/94, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p81
Presents a list of the fixed-income markets as reported by Morningstar, Chicago-based mutual fund rater. High yield; International; Convertibles; Municipals; Treasuries; Investment-grade corporate; Mortgage-backed securities.
- The money workshop--fixed income investments. Chang, Ivan // Chinatown News;2/3/96, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p19
Part V. Focuses on fixed-income investments and how they fit into a well-balanced portfolio. Element that is common to all fixed-income securities; Payment schemes; Popularity; Drawbacks; Issuance of bonds.