COMMENTARY AND PERSPECTIVE
- Changing Faces: Patient Information on Cosmetic Surgery Part 1. Sharma, Vijay // International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatolog;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p269
Cosmetic surgery is a medical specialty that seeks to improve upon appearance and revert the signs of aging with the help of various surgical procedures, which involve the shaping of various body parts. In other words, cosmetic surgery or aesthetic surgery is more like willfull beautification of...
- CUTTING REMARKS. Shea, Christine // Harper's Bazaar;Nov2000, Issue 3468, p166
Interviews six cosmetic surgeons on their practice.
- Las Vegas cosmetic surgeons. // Las Vegas Business Press;8/28/95, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p124
Presents a list of cosmetic surgeons and cosmetic surgery companies in Las Vegas, Nevada. Includes the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Institute; Nevada Plastic Surgery; Las Vegas Institute of Plastic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgeons. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p10
Lists the plastic surgeons based in Fairfield County, Connecticut as of May 31, 1999. Name; Address; Telephone number; Board certification; Number of clients; Top five procedures offered; Financing options; Practice type; E-mail address; Year established.
- Nip & tuck. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p52
Presents information of top cosmetic surgery procedures in 1994 in the United States based on figures taken from the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
- A procedure primer: What to look for. Zimmer, Judith // Essence (Essence);Aug98, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
Identifies factors to consider when choosing well-trained plastic surgeons. Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS); Hospital-admittance and transfer privileges of the physician; Accredited surgical facilities; Requesting the presence of an anesthesiologist for the...
- MAKE A BALD STATEMENT. Spiker, Ted // Men's Health;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p46
Comments on a surgical procedure developed by Italian plastic surgeon Paolo G. Morselli that removes fat tissue and superficial layers of the temporalis muscle from the skull for cosmetic purposes.
- PLASTIC SURGERY What to know before you go. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);3/24/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p42
The article presents questions and answers related to plastic surgery including the procedure with good result, the right way of selecting a surgeon, and the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgeons.
- How to look like Cary Grant and Brad Pitt. Edwards, Owen // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2000, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p205
Reports on cosmetic surgeries offered by plastic surgeons in Los Angeles, California to young men who want to have a semblance of movie-star good looks. Costs of different kinds of cosmetic surgeries; Services offered by surgeon Garth Fisher; Fisher's comments on cosmetic surgery and on his...