Pseudotumor with Superimposed Periprosthetic Infection Following Metal-on-Metal Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Case Report
- Spindle cell sarcoma of the common femoral vein as a possible differential for deep venous thrombosis on ultrasound. Wu, Kaiming; Rastogi, Anit; Gandhi, Ripal T; Watch, Libby S; Pena, Constantino S; Benenati, James F; Katzen, Barry T // Vascular Medicine;Feb2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p44
The article presents a case report of a 50-year-old male patient with a history of multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli and who was diagnosed with a spindle cell tumor based on contrast-enhanced computed tomography (CT). The patient was previously diagnosed with deep venous thrombosis (DVT)...
- An unusual cause of femoral vein obstruction. Hudson, I.; Sadow, G. J. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;May1990, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p331
The article presents a case study of osteochondroma in a 20-year old woman causing obstruction in the femoral vein. The woman reported a 5-year history of enlarging lump in the right groin. Examination of the lump indicated a pelvic exostosis causing femoral vein obstruction. The case was...
- Duplication unilateral femoral vein. Ferreira Arquez, H. // Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science;Jul2015, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p292
Background: The purpose of this paper is to describe a case of duplication of unilateral femoral vein, with a complete extension of duplicated veins with similar diameters which is an uncommon condition, noticed in fewer than 10% of lower limb. The venous anatomy is highly variable, only 1/6...
- LETTER FROM THE EDITORS. Nickerson, Inge; Rarick, Charles // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the Volume 14, Number 1, 2008 issue of the "Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies."
- Perioperative management in a case of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency undergoing orthopaedic surgery. Doshi, Chaula M.; Tandale, Sushama R.; Mohite, Shubha N.; Nagaria, Anisha // Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p490
A letter to the editor of a medical journal is presented reporting a case of anaesthetic management in orthopaedic surgery of an individual having deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehyrogenase.
- Design and Control Issues in Qualitative Case Study Research. Lloyd-Jones, Gaynor // International Journal of Qualitative Methods;Spring2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Some methodologists have pointed to similarities between experimental method and case study research in terms of design, theory testing and development. However, little is known about how these debates inform qualitative research rationales. The use of a sequential dual case study provided an...
- "Nipple pacifier" like blister over middle finger. Inamadar, Arun C.; Palit, Aparna // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p710
The article presents a case study of a 3-year-old child who was brought to skin outpatient department (OPD) for bullous lesions over the right hand.
- Use of flood chronology for detailed environmental analysis: a case study of Lake Kizaki in the northern Japanese Alps, central Japan. Ito, Takuma; Iwamoto, Haruka; Kamiya, Koichi; Fukushima, Takehiko; Kumon, Fujio // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jun2010, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p1607
This paper presents a study of the usefulness of flood layers as a time marker in sediments and a report of a case study of Lake Kizaki in central Japan. A flood layer can be identified as a layer having a higher density, coarser grain size, lower TN content, and higher C/N ratio than those of...
- saphenous opening. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2069
A definition of the term "saphenous opening," which refers to an oval aperture in the fascia in the inner and upper part of the thigh, transmitting the saphenous vein below Poupart's ligament, is presented.