Quality and Content of Internet-Based Information for Ten Common Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Diagnoses
- Enforcing current ins. regs imperative for on-line sales. Meyer, Sam A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/17/97, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p33
Opinin. Discusses the implementation of regulations that will help to curb the amount of on-line sales that are solicited over the Internet. Need for regulators to protect prospective insurance consumers who use the Internet; Problems that regulators have difficulty dealing with; Formation of...
- Macworld online. // Macworld;Aug1995, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p43
Argues that commercial online services provides more security than the Internet. Reason for this view; Details on the Pretty Good Privacy (PGP), which provides some degree of security for sending personal information; Information pertaining to PGP use of cryptography; Creation of passwords.
- Respondent superior--that means you. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun97, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Reports on policies regarding employee use of the Internet or on-line services in United States. Problem on copyright infringement; General principles of respondent superior; Benefits of using electronic-mail.
- How to...improve Online safety. Lindroth, Linda // Teaching Pre K-8;Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p20
Provides information on how to improve Online safety. Establishment of an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for school or district; Classroom discussion of Internet safety and posting of `Class Rules for Online Safety'; Review of sites used by students.
- Privacy Perspectives for Online Searchers: Confidentiality with Confidence? Duberman, Josh; Beaudet, Michael // Searcher;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p32
Provides information on several issues on online privacy. Privacy concerns of information professionals and consumer; Problems posed by queries concerning intellectual property and legal subjects; Privacy violations in e-mail use; Actions taken by the United States government to ensure online...
- Blended learning approach improves teaching in a problem-based learning environment in orthopedics - a pilot study. Back, David A.; Haberstroh, Nicole; Antolic, Andrea; Sostmann, Kai; Schmidmaier, Gerhard; Hoff, Eike // BMC Medical Education;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background While e-learning is enjoying increasing popularity as adjunct in modern teaching, studies on this topic should shift from mere evaluation of students' satisfaction towards assessing its benefits on enhancement of knowledge and skills. This pilot study aimed to detect the teaching...
- Problem-based learning, primary sources, and information literacy. Milbury, Peter; Silva, Brett // Multimedia Schools;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on the issue of problem-based learning, with reference to the materials which facilitate the process. Information on problem-based learning; Benefits of problem-based learning; Experience of a teacher who incorporated problem-based learning into his teaching strategy; Objective of...
- Boldly solving the world: A critical analysis of problem-based learning as a method of... Fenwick, Tara // Studies in the Education of Adults;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p53
Presents information on the problem-based learning (PBL) approach, while highlighting two main dimensions the present critique is focused on. Description of problem-based learning by Bligh (1995); Identification of the two main dimensions; Suggestion of a problem-based approach to professional...
- Responding to Student Facebook Troubles. // Student Affairs Leader;7/15/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p1
The article offers information on the Web seminar entitled " Facebook on Campus: Understanding the Issues" on June 14, 2006. It discusses the implications Facebook and other social networking sites have for settling judicially alleged violations of laws or campus policies. One of the presenters,...