A Prospective Randomized Study of Minimally Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty Compared with Conventional Surgery
- Low early complication, morbidity rates found after knee arthroscopy. Buddle, Renee Blisard // Orthopedics Today;May2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p33
The article discusses the findings of a review of patient records conducted by researchers from the University of Iowa which revealed that elective knee arthroscopy result in low early complication and morbidity rates.
- Risk management: Arguments for surgical complications explained. Bal, B. Sonny; Brenner, Lawrence H. // Orthopedics Today;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p45
The article presents a case study to illustrate malpractice claims filed by patients in the event of an injury during or due to surgery; such injuries may arise due to known complications of the surgical procedure, however, there should be data to support the fact that the injury was unavoidable.
- A VeryWary Christmas. Scioscia, Paul J. // Jacksonville Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p57
The article offers author's insights on the dangers of cosmetic surgery. He states that there are practitioners who are not qualified to perform the procedures and patients suffer the consequences of such surgeries. He says that patients are easily convinced by advertising and less than proper...
- Basic and Clinical Science of Meniscal Repair: Present and Future. Hoyle, Brian // MD Conference Express;Oct2014, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p26
An examination of the current and future states of the basic and clinical science of meniscal repair was presented by 2 United States researchers. This article discusses the future of the basic science of meniscal repair.
- Navigation of the tibial plateau alone appears to be sufficient in computer-assisted unicompartmental knee arthroplasty. Saragaglia, Dominique; Picard, Frédéric; Refaie, Ramsay // International Orthopaedics;Dec2012, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p2479
Purpose: The aim of this study was to present our technique to implant unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA) using navigation and to give our first results regarding the accuracy of the device. Methods: A total of 33 patients with medial femorotibial osteoarthritis (31) or avascular necrosis...
- Surgical treatment in Osteogenesis Imperfecta â€“ 10 years experience. Georgescu, I.; Vlad, C.; Gavriliu, T. Ş.; Dan, D.; Pârvan, A. A. // Journal of Medicine & Life;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p205
Introduction. Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a very rare disease compared to other afflictions, running the risk of social isolation for children and their parents, due to the problems specific to the disease. All the social, psychological and physical disadvantages must be removed or at least...
- Risk factors associated with surgical site infection after breast surgery. Nezhadhoseini, Seyed Esmael; Fotohi, Kazem; Vejdani, Mohammad // Reviews in Clinical Medicine;2015, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p45
Breast surgical site infection is not only one of the main causes of the morbidity and mortality of cases under different types of surgeries, but also it results in longer hospitalization and additional expenses. Identifying various potential parameters related to the occurrence of surgical site...
- THE PROSTHESIS--OR DELAYED FITTING? Friedmann, Lawrence W. // Angiology;Oct1972, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p518
Reports on the appropriate processes to be imposed on amputation, prosthetic fitting and training. Need to reconstruct the limb and provision of aids and training to reintegrate the patient into society; Purposes in the implementation of amputation; Aspects of prosthetic fitting technique.
- Comparative study of systemic intravenous and regional intravenous administration of prophylactic antibiotic in lower extremity orthopaedic surgery. Tsourvakas, Stefanos; Alexandropoulos, Christos; Efstathiou, Cleanthes; Savidis, George; Polizou, Helen; Kesoglou, Konstantinos // European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology;Oct2009, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p457
In this study, we describe a technique for the delivery of regional antibiotic prophylaxis in patients undergoing reconstructive surgery in the lower extremities and compare the tissue antibiotic concentrations achieved by this technique with those achieved by standard systemic intravenous...