Ann Western: Financial Planning for an Association
- AMP Horizons centre broadens training scope. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;5/12/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the steps taken by AMP Horizons Financial Planning Academy to improve the education and training of its financial planners.
- FPA 2011 National Conference. // Money Management;11/17/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p18
The article presents the schedule of activities with the presenters of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) 2011 National Conference to be held on November 17-18, 2011.
- STAT BANK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2015, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
Statistics are presented related to financial planning as of January 2015, including the percentage of investors who prefer to discuss training and certifications of financial advisers before engaging with them, percentage of Americans who are not into investing, and the percentage increase in...
- Developing New Talent. Pfeiffer, Craig // Financial Planning;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p128
The author reflects on the need for a better training model for future financial advisors. He explains that would-be professionals can begin their training in the medical and legal fields, which have demonstrated the value of a methodical, progressive education along with practical experiences...
- AFA to offer 'soft so skills' training. Egan, Liam // Money Management;3/1/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the move of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) to offer a "soft skills" training course for advisers to help reduce the level of underinsurance in Australia. It is said that the ideal candidate for the course is a planner or adviser who has come into the industry...
- The financial planning education and training agenda in Australia. Bruce, Ken; Gupta, Rakesh // Financial Services Review;Spring2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p61
Against a backdrop of financial services reform and uncertain economic times, attention has been focused on the competence of financial advisers. This paper examines the current training and education standards set by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and those set by...
- Call for training category overhaul. // Super Review;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the view of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) on the arrangements of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission's (ASIC) financial advice training register. The ASFA has suggested that a Registered Training Organization (RTO) is needed...
- CFP Global Certification. // Practical Accountant;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the International CFP Council and Certified Financial Planner Board of Standard's selection of Financial Planning Standards Board as the name of the international entity to administer the CFP certification program worldwide.
- Next generation waits in the wings. Jack, Corrina // Money Management;11/26/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p3
The article discusses the need for dealer groups to establish programs that will encourage practices to employ junior financial planners in Australia. It highlights the assessment of Trevor Punnett, director of the e-Jobs Recruitment Specialists, regarding the difficulty of junior financial...