SANITARY SEWER OPERATIONS: BLOCKAGE REMOVAL
- BYPASS WITH CARE. Soto, Jerry // Municipal Sewer & Water;Oct2009, p44
The article discusses how to carefully plan a sewer rehabilitation project in the U.S. municipalities. First, the flow of sewer must be bypassed, which requires pumps capable of moving trash-laden wastewater. Next, a contractor must know the peak flow to size the bypass pumping system properly....
- Water pipe helps keep sewer leak free. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the city of Dallas, Texas' West Bank Relief Interceptor project that will carry wastewater to the district's central treatment plant. Use of a 120-inch pressure pipe on parts of the project to insure the line has zero leakage and is infiltration free; Distribution pressures that the...
- VPI Quickly Resolves Sewer Tank Problem. // Underground Construction;Nov2005, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p47
This article describes the technique used by Video Pipe Inspection (VPI) to solve a sewer tank problem in Denham Springs, Louisiana. VPI considered two options. The first was to use a traditional repair method. After a review of the situation, the firm decided to reline the entire pipe, using...
- Quicksand Threatens Sewer. Hastreiter, Joe // Underground Construction;Jul99, Vol. 54 Issue 7, pR-16
Discusses the sewer lining rehabilitation project in the Village of Genoa City, Wisconsin. Information on how a large deposit of quicksand posed a threat to the sewer; Description of the U-Liner installation; Grout stabilization.
- Lining system restores pipes. Dayton, Scottie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jul2013, p41
The article presents a case study of sewerage system of the Regional Municipality of Durham in Whitby, Ontario, where technicians cleaned the sewer and installed the Nu Drain System from Nu Flow.
- CORRALLING GREASE. Stocking, Angus W. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Oct2009, p38
The article reports on the repair and cleaning of the 6.250 miles of sanitary sewer in Houston, Texas. The city was worried about the grease causing stoppages, which cause sanitary sewer overflows (SSOs). To reduce grease buildup and blockages, Houston decided to replace lines with an aggressive...
- The Tools to Grow. Laggis, Luke // Cleaner;Jul2012, p10
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including the Annual Buyer's Guide and an article that features No-Clogg Sewer & Drain Cleaning Services.
- Techtopic. Weber, Ernest L. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Oct2002, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p70
Presents seven major hazards in drain and sewer cleaning. Risks involved in the use of electrical equipment for sewer cleaning; Measures to be adopted to protect against diseases caused by waterborne and bloodborne pathogens; Potential dangers of workers' exposure to chemical drain openers.
- New Sliplining Rig Excels On California Project. // Underground Construction;Jul99, Vol. 54 Issue 7, pR-27
Presents information on the Akkerman SLS 50/100 sliplining system being used by Mladen Buntich Construction Co. Inc. Details of the rehabilitation project for a sewer line in Long Beach, California; Advantages of the Akkerman model; Information on the powerplant being used by the unit.