Double-Diameter Upsizing With Pipe Reaming
- Engineering manual gets updated. // Underground Construction;Oct2014, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p8
The article offers information on the "Vitrified Clay Pipe Engineering Manual," which is available for download on the National Clay Pipe Institute's website.
- Share prices to be based on demand for first time. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/27/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 17, p26
The article reports on the launch by Saudi Vitrified Clay Pipe Company of an initial public offering (IPO) of shares priced on a book-building basis in Saudi Arabia in early May. Saudi Vitrified will offer 4.5 million shares priced through a process in which the underwriter approaches...
- Estimation of HD Drilling Time Using Deterministic and Triangular Distribution Functions. Sarireh, Mohmd // Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering & Applied Sciences;Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p438
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is a powerful technique in utility installation through different soil conditions and under different environments. HDD machines for drilling are available worldwide in a non destructive or un disturbing operation under rail rood, pavement, and walkways. HDD...
- Maui Harnesses HDD For Sewer Solution. // Underground Construction;Sep2014, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p30
The article focuses on the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) technology used in the Wailuku/Kahului Force Main Replacement Project, designed to replace an existing sewer line in Maui, Hawaii as of September 2014. According to Pradeep Chand, president and owner of Hawaii Pacific Trenchless...
- Senate Hangs 'No Drilling' Sign Along The Lakeshore. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the approval of a bill that bans leasers for directional drilling under the Great Lakes in Michigan. Goal and intent of the bill; Punishment for violation of the bill.
- Criteria for evaluating directionally drilled crossings. Boivin, R.P.; Eng, P. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p12
Considers the general aspects of directional drilling technology as related to the installation of small- and large-diameter pipelines at water crossings. Wide use of directional drilling; Use situations; Limitations; Scheduling; Drilling fluids; Work space; Pipe profile; Stress analysis;...
- Proposals Sought For HDD Curriculum & Training Guide. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the proposals to develop a curriculum and instruction guide asked by HDD Good Installation Practices Consortium to implement the Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Installation Practices Guidelines. Contents of the guide; Goals of the consortium; Members of the consortium.
- Complex Market. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p25
Explores the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) market in the U.S. Use of HDD in gas and electric utilities; Evolution of the HDD industry; Domination of mini rigs in HDD market.
- Night-time gas line installation in Arizona. // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on night-time directional drilling project near Phoenix's Sky Harbor airport in Arizona. Contractor of the project; Obstacles to directional drilling in Arizona desert; Requirements set by Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT); Various comments on night-time bore.