- Embattled HDD Industry Sees Change As Necessary, Ultimately Beneficial. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p30
Presents the results of a survey on the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry in the U.S. as of 2002. Value and market share; Composition of the HDD fleet; List of primary HDD markets.
- HDD Market Down But Not Out. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p34
Assesses the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry in the U.S. as of 2002. Criticisms on the dependency on telecommunications industry; Impact of the telecommunications dependence on HDD product suppliers; Prospects for electric and gas distribution. INSET: Technological...
- HDD Tools Make The Job. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p36
Discusses the importance of downhole tools in directional drilling installations. Advantages of downhole housings; Information on different downhole tools that can be used by horizontal directional drilling operators; Comments from several manufacturers on the challenges in bringing better...
- Downhole tools can make or break a job. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p35
States that downhole tools are responsible for the evolution of directional drilling's role in utility construction. How to have an effective horizontal directional drilling (HDD); Downhole tools selection for soil conditions and its significance; Needs for downhole DD tools; Advancement of...
- HDD Consortium Announces Completion of Good Practices Guidelines. // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p14
States that the `Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Installation Practices Guidelines' manual developed by the Horizontal Directional Drilling Industry Consortium has been completed. Importance of the guidelines; Participants of the consortium; Objectives of the consortium.
- Discover UCT 2016 in ATLANTA! Francis, Karen E. // Underground Construction;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p30
The article focuses on the Underground Construction Technology International Conference & Exhibition (UCT) to be held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia on February 3-4, 2016, which will discuss topics such as horizontal directional drilling, pipe bursting and microtunneling.
- What The Future Holds For Walk-Over Guidance Systems. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the importance of electronic guidance system on the success of every horizontal directional drilling installation in utility construction. Types of basic guidance systems; Basic components of walk-over electronics; Key consideration when evaluating equipment; Outlook for the future...
- Innovation. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Mar2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p2
Comments on innovation in the underground construction industry in the United States. Applications for directional drilling; Underground Solutions' water relining product, Duraliner; Standard for manhole grouting.
- Positive Vibes. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2004, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p41
Discusses the findings of a survey about the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) market in the United States for 2004. Competition among HDD contractors; Factors affecting profits of HDD companies; Overall HDD underground construction market composition.