Model Geothermal Installation
- Effect of Residential Ground Source Heat Pump System Design on CO2 Emissions in Sweden. Spitler, Jeffrey D.; Mei Yung Wong; Gehlin, Signhild E. A. // ASHRAE Transactions;2014, Vol. 120 Issue 2, Special section p1
No abstract available.
- An Environmental and Economic Assessment for Selecting the Optimal Ground Heat Exchanger by Considering the Entering Water Temperature. Jimin Kim; Taehoon Hong; Myeongsoo Chae; Choongwan Koo; Jaemin Jeong // Energies (19961073);Aug2015, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p7752
In order to solve environmental problems such as global warming and resource depletion in the construction industry, interest in new renewable energy (NRE) systems has increased. The ground source heat pump (GSHP) system is the most efficient system among NRE systems. However, since the initial...
- Transcritical CO2 for Air Conditioning with Ground Source Exchange. Archer, David; Lawal, Iyabo; Yang Hu // ASHRAE Transactions;2011, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p289
Buildings account for 38.9% of primary source energy and produce 38% of CO2 emissions in the US. In residential buildings, most of this energy - 75% is used in heating, cooling, ventilation and domestic hot water production. In particular, 17% of electricity generated for commercial and...
- Live Like a Leaf. Ceppa, Clara // Home Energy;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p32
The article features the concept of a Leaf House. The Leaf Community is the first inaugurated eco-sustainable and completely integrated community in Italy on June 25, 2008. The community features its Leaf House, a clean-energy laboratory where people can visit and study the sustainable life. It...
- Geothermal Systems: Sustainable, Efficient Energy Sources. Rawlings, Phil // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on the geothermal heat pump system and its impact on housing development in the U.S. It says that a geothermal heat pump functions similarly with a conventional air conditioner or air source heat pump. It relays that geothermal heat pumps can perform more efficiently than...
- Searching for year-round indoor comfort: A comparison of the latest generation of heating and... Katz, Marvin G. // American Gas;Jul97, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p28
Features the ground source heat pump system, a new technology introduced in the United States. Specifications; Cost cutting mechanisms; Marketing support of the federal agencies for the system; Contributions in reducing greenhouse gas emissions; Prices. INSETS: The ground-source heat pump: How...
- Digging in the dirt. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p3
Provides information on the use of geothermal heat pumps (GHP) as space conditioning systems. Mechanism; Installation configurations; Efficiency rating and energy cost savings; Payback period for a GHP; Tips on GHP contracting.
- Geothermal heat pump design: The inside story. Lafferty, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on geothermal heating pump (GHP) design issues. Benefits of using GHPs; Technology at work in GHPs; Common areas of design failure.
- Geothermal provides comfort and dependability at -40.... // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p11
Cites the factors that influenced the decision of Blue River Resort in Canada to install a geothermal heating system in its administration building. Viability of the closed-loop application in the coldest climates.