Puerto Rico Conference Panel Begins Hashing Out 2011 Budget
- New Minneapolis Mayor Sees Rough Sledding. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p6
Reports on the warning of Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rayback over the difficulty in balancing the fiscal 2003 budget in Minnesota. Initiative in protecting core services; Requirement for property tax increase; Rate of deficit in internal funds.
- Let the experts decide. Shaw, Pam // Public Finance;02/12/99, p20
Focuses on the Great Britain Department of Treasury's push toward resource accounting and budgeting. Benefits of resources accounting and budgeting for taxpayers; Main accounting principles and concepts underpinning resource accounting and budgeting; External involvement in the setting of the...
- It's time for California to adopt a two-year budget. Emmerson, Bill // Public Record (0744205X);1/18/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p13
In this article, the author focuses on the need for California to adopt a two-year budget cycle which can offer more accountability and better fiscal management of state expenditures.
- See-through spending. Ryle, Sarah // Public Finance;06/24/95 Conference Supplement, p15
Focuses on the benefits of resource accounting and budgeting in the central government in Great Britain. Provision of information for management decisions; Framework for the management of the civil service; Effect of resource budgeting on public expenditure survey.
- The Hidden Deficit. Reynolds, Larry // Management Review;Sep90, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p38
Discusses the possible reasons behind the budget deficit in the United States. Inadequate accounting and audit controls; Poor reporting and record-keeping procedures.
- GASB Budgetary Comparisons Guidance. // Practical Accountant;Jul2003, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the Government Accounting Standards Board's (GASB) issuance of Statement No. 41, 'Budgetary Comparison Schedule-Perspective Differences,' to clarify guidance on budgetary comparisons in GASB No. 34.
- AGA Offers Course on Performance-Based Budgeting. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;5/2/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p9
The article offers information on the course "Performance-Based Budgeting" offered by Association of Government Accountants (AGA).
- From the National President. Mok, Samuel T. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;12/1/2008, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p4
The article offers information on the achievements of the Association of Government Accountants (AGA). It states that AGA is very successful and positioned to become the leader in government financial management and accountability. It mentions that the National Office has the support of a team...
- Uranium miner dependents march on Washington. Minton, Jay // Navajo Times;10/8/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 40, pA4
The article reports on the move of the Navajo Nation Dependents of Uranium Workers Committee facing the political moguls in Washington in September 2009 to seek changes that could make difference in their lives in Navajo. The committee demand changes to the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act of...