Phannaceutical Finn's Wastewater Plant Didn't Break Rules
- IRS ruling on academics could lead to charter school tax-exempt issuance. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30252, p1
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has ruled that an educational academy is eligible to benefit from tax-exempt financing, which could clear the way for charter schools to sell tax-exempt bonds. Citing of private-letter rulings; Reactions from several bond lawyers on the ruling.
- Scrutinizing 'Lease-to-Own' Deals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p1
The article reports on statements by Charles Anderson, tax-exempt bond field operations manager of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), on Section 6700 penalties for lease-to-own bonds. Anderson said that the IRS is conducting audits of some bond-financed leases which could have...
- IRS releases proposed tax-exempt bond audit guidelines. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's release of proposed tax-exempt bond audit guidelines as part of its enforcement initiative. Goals of the IRS guidelines; Terms of the guidelines.
- South Miami Settles With IRS Over Garage Debt. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p4
The article reports on the settlement and agreement reached between South Miami and the Internal Revenue Service over prohibited uses of tax-exempt bond to construct a parking garage in 2011.
- Attorneys Testify on Tribal Bond Confusion. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p1
This article reports that the attorneys and academics of the United States have stated that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service audits and ambiguities in the federal tax code continue to hamstring Indian tribal governments' efforts to finance capital needs. Senator Gordon Smith, chairman of the...
- Housing Bonds Are Next. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p1
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service held a training session for its municipal bond enforcement agents to teach them the details of the housing bond market before the agency launches an in-depth audit in that area. Focus on single-family mortgage bonds and multifamily housing...
- IRS focus on tax-exempts could increase after reorganizing, official warns. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30642, p39
Announces the plan of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to double the number of tax-exempt bond audits following the agency's reorganization. Effect of the reorganization on the IRS bond audit activity; Terms of the reorganization plans.
- IRS audits put kibosh on popular natural gas prepayment deals. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;11/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30770, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) audit of tax-exempt bond deals sold to finance prepaid purchases of natural gas. Increase in investor acceptance of the deals; IRS move to begin fact-finding process to determine if the structure is taxable.
- Scott of the Muni Market. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p1
Focuses on the achievements of Mark Scott as United States Internal Revenue Service's first national director for tax-exempt bonds. Goal of sharpening the agency's enforcement and outreach efforts; Expansion of the agency's efforts to educate municipalities about the rules when they sell bonds;...