Mann County District Wins Back Hospital
- A Seismic Settlement. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p33
The article reports on the settlement by the California Superior Court to a decade of lawsuit on seismically retrofitting between the nonprofit hospital chain Sutter Health Care (SHC) that leased in the Marin General Hospital in Marin County, California. In the settlement, the lease will be...
- ACHCA announces recipients of 1997-98 national awards. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p155
Announces the recipients of awards from the American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA) for 1997-1998. Names of awards and awardees; Includes Michael K. Sweeney and Christopher P. Mulroney; Contact information.
- The administrator's edge: ACHCA's subacute care credentialing initiative. Hyatt, Laura; Quinn, John // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct96, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the subacute care credentialing initiative of the American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA). Importance of the certification of the administration; Features of the certification exam; Contact information.
- Health-care providers react to market changes. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;5/30/94, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6B
No abstract available.
- Doctors and managers: never the twain shall meet? Scrivens, Ellie // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/25/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6639, p1754
Evaluates the conflict between health managers and doctors in Great Britain. Reference to the report on management difficulties of the National Health Service by Roy Griffiths; Identification problems in the distribution of resources; Implications of the invocation of clinical freedom by...
- What physicians want. LeTourneau, Barbara; Fleischauer, Ann // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun1999, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
Discusses how physicians can improve their relations with healthcare executives. Evolution of the healthcare field; Commitment to providing high-quality care; Tension between the heart of medicine and the enterprise of medicine. INSET: Communication breakdown..
- Moving into management. Neuwirth, Harry // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun1999, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p61
Discusses how healthcare executives can help ease the clinical-to-managerial transition for physicians. Awareness of unique issues physicians face; Formal and informal training programs; Need for physicians to learn a more tolerant attitude toward risk and failure.
- Case Study: Carolina Hospital Student Health Center. // Handbook for the New Health Care Manager;1993, p111
Presents a fictitious case study which illustrates some practical applications of material and provides insight into the experiences and positive strategies utilized by a health care manager in the first three months of tenure. Background of the Carolina Hospital Student Health Center; Problems...
- Ensuring Management Excellence in the Healthcare System. Warden, Gail L.; Griffith, John R. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p228
Discusses various aspects on health care management improvement. Routes to health care performance improvement; Bases for health care managers' skill improvement; Steps in enhancing vision and values of health care; Ways of strengthening managers' contribution top the health care enterprise;...