Allentown, Pa., Mayor In Talks With Unions to Curb Pension, Health Costs
- Pennsylvania Mayors: We're Struggling. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;10/31/2014, p23
The article focuses on the problems facing Pennsylvania's cities due to rising pension liabilities regardless of the outcome of 2014 elections. Topics covered include the message given by Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski on the importance of pensions, the estimated unfunded liability of the state's...
- Bonding Fuels Allentown Rebound. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/2/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34020, p1
The article offers information on filling pension funding gaps in Allentown of Pennsylvania. It states that being third-largest city, handing down a different kind of restlessness in the past year, city undertook two major deals, which Mayor Ed Pawlowski says dramatically alter the city's...
- Allentown, Pa., Council Votes No Confidence in Mayor. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;1/21/2016, p23
The article reports on the no-confidence resolution approved by the Allentown City Council in Pennsylvania against Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski in relation to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigation into alleged corruption and contracting practices in the city government.
- Allentown Finds an Intriguing -Plan B-. O-Brien, George // BusinessWest;12/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p10
The article offers information on Allentown, Pennsylvania which is called neighborhood improvement zone (NIZ). It states that state mayor Ed Pawlowski has lost the battle to host the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania casino but he has decided to start various developmental projects in NIZ with the tax...
- Allentown Mayor Withdraws from Pennsylvania Governor's Race. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;2/5/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34055, p1
The article informs that Allentown, Pennsylvania Mayor Ed Pawlowski withdrew from the Pennsylvania governor's race and endorsed fellow Democrat and Treasurer of Pennsylvania Rob McCord, as of February 2014.
- Cut, Don't Tax . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports that the Californians prefer to reduce the state budget to raising taxes. Proposal of Governor Gray Davis to reduce his budget up to 15 percent.
- Building M&D `from the ground up' Langford, Bert // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p39
Opinion. Offers advice on how to organize and budget manufacturing and distribution (M&D) budgets. How to design the budget.
- Municipal budgets. // BusinessWest;Jun97 Resource Guide, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
Provides information on the municipal budgets in Western Massachusetts for 1997. Municipality; Population; School expenditures; Total expenditures; Per capita income; Operating costs; Includes Agawam; Amherst; Belchertown.
- Local America: Chandler, Ariz. // American City & County;Jul94, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p22
Reports on Chandler, Arizona as the recipient of the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officer's Association (GFOA).