Reform Bill Is No Quick Fix
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33588, p28
The article presents the top U.S. 10 electronic-mailed (e-mail) stories at www.bondbuyer.com as of September 23, 2011 including the municipal disclosure bill by Representative Mike Quigley, President Barack Obama's proposed cap on tax-exempt interest, and repossession of the Glendale complex.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33543, p4
A chart is presented that lists the "Bond Buyer's" legislative status report in the U.S.
- Another BAB Extension Bill on Tap. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33355, p1
The article reports on the plan of Sander Levin, chairman of the U.S. House of Ways and Means Committee, to release new jobs legislation that would extend Build American Bonds (BABs) and other municipal bond initiatives that will expire in 2010.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p6
A table is presented that shows various legislations introduced in the 111th Congress in the U.S. and its status
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p36
A chart is presented that lists the legislative status report of the "The Bond Buyer" newspaper in the U.S. including the Municipal Bond Fairness Act and the Municipal Financial Advisers Regulation Act.
- Muni Provisions in Regulatory Reform Legislation Pending in the House and Senate. // Bond Buyer;11/24/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33222, p6
A table is presented that shows the municipal bonds provisions that are pending in the House and Senate in the U.S.
- Senate Plans CR Vote to Extend Some Funding Through March 4. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;12/21/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33436, p5
The article reports on the proposal of the U.S. Senate to vote for the extension federal government bond-related programs through March 4, 2011.
- Bill to Put Swaps Under CFTC Gains In the House. Garver, Rob // American Banker;7/25/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 141, p1
Reports on the approval of the Commodity Futures Modernization Act by the United States House Agriculture Committee. Regulation of banks' swap transactions by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Legal status of swaps.
- The Leverage Contract Ruling: Is Jonah Really Gone? Pierno, Anthony R. // Business Lawyer;Mar80 Special Issue, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p863
Focuses on the leverage contract ruling in the United States. Regulation of leverages by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission Act; Proposal of the Securities and Exchange Commission on the regulation of leverages as securities; Insurance of financial solvency of leverage transactions.