Estate Planning in an Era of Uncertainty
- 200 pound case study. // Accountancy;Jan1973, Vol. 83 Issue 953, p70
Solicits a solution to a case study concerning the estate duty planning proposals and ancillary taxation aspects in relation to a family business. State of finance of the family members involved; Amount of estate to be divided among family members.
- New law should bring estate tax savings. Shumaker, Roger L. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p15
Focuses on the proposed estate tax legislation for estate planning in the United States. Effect of the changes on property inherited by heirs; Overview of changes in the legislation; Complexity of the proposed law.
- How to create tax-free wealth without spending a fortune. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p22
Presents concepts that can help successful business owners legally beat the estate tax and even create wealth. Tax opinion sought by a reader; Planning a split-dollar arrangement for a company; Tax results of the plan; Basic tax planning strategy for a family.
- Cut Your Estate Tax. Kronemyer, Bob // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p12
Presents tips on reducing exposure to estate taxes. Inclusion of ways in which life-insurance trust allows money that is a part of one's assets to fund a trust that can be excluded from one's assets upon death; Description of annual exclusion gifts as amounts that can be transferred free of any...
- DEATH AND TAXES. Middleton, Timothy // Industry Week/IW;09/18/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 15, p19
Focuses on estate taxes and planning in the United States. Recommendations from Douglas A. Rothermich, estate-planning consultant for TIAA-CREF Trust Co.; Building blocks of an estate tax; Information on the law regarding business that are tied with charities.
- Trimming your taxes. Weinstein, Marvin // Corporate Detroit;Sep96, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p35
Part II. Offers suggestions on how to protect assets from federal taxes as part of estate planning. Workings of the estate tax system; Marital deduction.
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p27
Offers advice on estate planning and how to protect estates from excessive estate taxes in the United States. Gathering of all estate records; Identification of the plan's goals; Evaluation of estate planning alternatives.
- (E)state Planning 101. Geer Jr., John F. // FW;6/6/95, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p76
Discusses reforms on estate taxation in several states in the United States. State death tax credit; Estate planning rules in New York; Exemptions in federal estate taxes in Kentucky.
- It's Traditional Estate Planning, Stupid. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian // Modern Machine Shop;Jun2001, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p36
Gives advice on estate planning in the United States. How to eliminate estate taxes; Basic strategies of traditional estate planning; Benefits of wealth transfer as alternative to estate planning; Cash flow planning technique for retired employees.
- The value of talking it over. // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 52, p18
Presents statistics concerning disparities in how the baby boomer generation and their parents in the United States feel about inheritance, and the importance of such planning.