Accelerating Growth: The Expansion Option
- GSK's SHOPPING SPREE. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on several corporate acquisitions and agreements entered into by London, England-based GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) with other pharmaceutical companies, worldwide. GSK will be acquiring Cambridge, England-based Domantis Ltd. and Waltham, Massachusetts-based Praecis Pharmaceuticals...
- The Industry Cools Down. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/10/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p12
This article deals with the importance of partnerships to the performance of high technology industries in the U.S. in 2005. This year, Apple turned its back on IBM and Motorola and moved its mainstream platform to Intel. Palm already uses Intel processors. In late September, Research in Motion...
- external growth. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p2979
A definition of the term "external growth" is presented. It refers to growth of business as a result of a merger, a takeover, or through a partnership with another organization.
- The Destructive Force of Acquisition Denial. Marks, Mitchell Lee // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p47
Gives advice about mergers and acquisitions. Common psychological reactions that can be expected in making an acquisition; Information on how to increase acquisition success; Best way to prepare for the rigors of managing a merger.
- Biz Briefs. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;May/Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p84
The article offers news briefs related to metalworking in the U.S. C. R. Laurence Co. Inc. has announced its acquisition of Sommer & Maca Industries. Ohio Gratings Inc. (OGI) has opened a new 31,000 sq. ft. facility in Houston, Texas. Apollo Gate Operators Inc. has announced a partnership deal...
- Greggs: offering its services on the forecourt. // MarketWatch: Food;Oct2009, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p14
In this article, the author discusses the partnership of Greggs PLC with Euro Garages to open its first outlet at its service station in Lancashire, England. The author notes that the partnership complements the mergers of Euro Garages with value retailers Subway and Spar. The author points out...
- NetIQ/WebTrends case study. // Netiq/webtrends Case Study: Maintaining a Competitive Position i;Mar2004, p1
Presents a case study on the success of the corporate merger between WebTrends Corp. and NetIQ. Corp. Information on WebTrends products and operations; Effect of product reorganization done by WebTrends after the merger; Service offered by several technology partners to NetIO.
- AIG Investments Invests $35Mn in Advento Group. // EmergingMarketsNOW;9/5/2008, p2
The article reports that AIG Investments has invested US$35.6 million in Advento Group. It states that the investment will be used by Advento Group to acquire Serpal which is a Brazilian construction company. Moreover, the funds will be used to assist the company in enhancing its presence in the...
- HITACHI CONSULTING BUYS ITERATION2. // Accounting Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 23 Issue 7, Special section p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Iteration2 by Hitachi Consulting Corp. in the U.S. The acquired company which is based in Irvine, California is a reseller company that specializes in Dynamics AX line as a lower-cost alternative to Oracle. Hitachi Consulting Corp. is a growing company...