Women Alone in Retirement
- Retirement Assets Left In Employer Plans? It's A Big Opportunity. Harrington, Bruce; Kingdon, Michelle // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/5/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 41, p14
The article reports on employer-sponsored retirement plan (ESRP) in the U.S. It is stated that despite of the flexibility of ESRP, many affluent Americans are still choosing to leave the money behind in former employer plans which limits the control of the person when it comes to asset...
- Strategies to bolster your retirement confidence. COHEN, DANIEL // New Hampshire Business Review;5/17/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on the strategies in managing retirement confidence. It states that people who plan earlier for their retirement are more confident in their capability to retire well. It mentions that there is no easy solution to the problems in retirement plans, but the first step is to...
- Brace for Impact. // Plan Adviser;Feb2011, p5
The article discusses how the changing definition of fiduciary might change a retirement plan adviser's practice. Brokers advising 401(k) plan sponsors and participants in a non-fiduciary capacity are urged to change their service model and redefine their role as plan advisers. To avoid...
- Why You Are Not a Good Comprehensive Financial Planner. Cordell, David H.; Shein, Jay // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p44
The article discusses the certified financial planner (CFP) industry, examining areas in which financial planners might not measure up to being a comprehensive financial planner. Financial planners often recognize that estate planning has many complex issues. Topics include property and casualty...
- Boost for adviser equity-release referrals. Jones, Lee // Money Marketing;6/11/2009, p23
The article reports on the growth of independent financial advisers (IFAs) recommending equity-release referrals to clients in Great Britain in the first quarter of 2009.A survey reveals that 34 per cent of referrals were introduced by IFAs in the said period. However, despite the result, IFAs...
- Useful Financial Planning Concepts from Academic Research. Cordell, David M.; Grange, E. Vance; Langdon, Thomas P. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov2012, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p82
Academic research is sometimes obtuse or inapplicable to the real world of financial services. Further, because of the nature of the primary market for academic journals, even relevant and helpful articles are inaccessible to most financial service professionals. The authors of this article have...
- Building a Succession Plan. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2013, p102
No abstract available.
- How Pensions Impact Corporate Financial Distress. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
A new academic research paper reexamines how pension costs were related to defaults and bankruptcies at high-profile U.S. corporations in the airline, automotive and steel manufacturing industries.
- Getting the Most From Retirement. Yetman, John; Goddard, Adam // Advisor Today;May2003, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p22
Advises financial planners on how to help their clients plan for a good retirement life. Estimation of the amount needed for a good retirement life; Amount of money needed to retire; Predictable income sources during retirement; Calculation of the portfolio value.