Vernakalant: A novel agent for the termination of atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation: New understanding, new tools. // Patient Care;1/30/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the treatment for atrial fibrillation (AF). Treatment goals for AF; Constant threat in patients with AF; Drugs most often use for ventricular rate control. INSET: Office management of patients with AF.
- The management of atrial fibrillation in elderly patients. Hampton, John R. // Age & Ageing;May99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p248
Describes atrial fibrillation. Causes; Drug therapy for atrial fibrillation; Stroke association with atrial fibrillation.
- TEST QUESTIONS. // Drug Topics;Aug2014, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p50
A quiz concerning the use of different types of drugs in the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- KEEP TICKING. Karpa, Kelly Dowhower // Drug Topics;10/1/2001, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p32
Presents guidelines for managing patients with different types of atrial fibrillation. Nature and symptoms of the disease; Algorithms for pharmacologic interventions; Benefits of the guidelines.
- First robotic heart procedure in Michigan. // Medical Device Daily;3/8/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p8
The article reports on the first minimally invasive robotic procedure conducted by doctors at Beaumont Hospital to correct atrial fibrillation.
- Atrial fibrillation treatment focus shifts from rhythm to rate control. Glatter, Kathryn; Herweg, Bengt; Jaffe, Charles // Patient Care;Jan2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p58
The article presents a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials of initial therapy for atrial fibrillation (AF) comparing rhythm and rate control. It lists the reason against the use of rhythm control as first-line strategy in patients with persistent AF. It details clinical considerations...
- Ablation Frontiers gets FDA nod to hike trial enrollment. Amanda, Pedersen // Medical Device Daily;1/22/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the approval received by Ablation Frontiers from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to extend U.S. enrollment in its clinical trial for interventional treatment of atrial fibrillation. According to Ablation, its Tailored Treatment of Permanent Atrial Fibrillation...
- Use of Transesophageal Echocardiography to Guide Cardioversion in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Klein, Allan L.; Grimm, Richard A.; Murray, R. Daniel; Apperson-Hansen, Carolyn; Asinger, Richard W.; Black, Ian W.; Davidoff, Ravin; Erbel, Raimund; Halperin, Jonathan L.; Orsinelli, David A.; Porter, Thomas R.; Stoddard, Marcus F. // New England Journal of Medicine;05/10/2001, Vol. 344 Issue 19, p1411
Background: The conventional treatment strategy for patients with atrial fibrillation who are to undergo electrical cardioversion is to prescribe warfarin for anticoagulation for three weeks before cardioversion. It has been proposed that if transesophageal echocardiography reveals no atrial...
- Antithrombotic treatment before stroke onset and stroke severity in patients with atrial fibrillation and first-ever ischemic stroke: An observational study. Po, Helen L.; Ya-Ju Lin // Neurology Asia;Jun2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11
Background and Objectives: Atrial fibrillation (AF) is an important, independent risk factor for stroke. The value of antithrombotic therapy to prevent stroke is well established in numerous randomized controlled trials. The objectives of this study were to determine the rate and the factors...