Unintentional discontinuation of long-term medications: Comparison of intensive-care-unit and other settings
- Mental Illness In Nursing Homes: Variations Across States. Grabowski, David C.; Aschbrenner, Kelly A.; Zhanlian Feng; Mor, Vincent // Health Affairs;May/Jun2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p689
Placing people with mental illnesses in nursing homes is an important policy concern. Using nursing home Minimum Data Set assessments from 2005, we found much variation across states in both the rates of mental illness among nursing home admissions and the estimated rates of admission among...
- Long-Term Home Mechanical Ventilation in the United States. King, Angela C. // Respiratory Care;Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p921
Patients requiring prolonged mechanical ventilation are rapidly increasing in number. Improved ICU care has resulted in many patients surviving acute respiratory failure to require prolonged mechanical ventilation during convalescence. Also, mechanical ventilation is increasingly used as a...
- Chronic care in America--it's unplanned, informulated and not working for millions; study... // Insurance Advocate;2/1/97, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p33
Observes that chronic care in America is unplanned, unformulated and not working for the millions of citizens with chronic conditions. Results of the research by Dorothy Rice, professor emeritus at the University of California in San Francisco, and her team on chronic conditions in the United...
- No Time to Go Backwards. Bringewatt, Richard // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct2000, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
Editorial. Comments on the marketplace conditions considered by health care executives in the United States. Importance of determining the long-term goals for health care; Tips for determining cost-effective care combinations.
- Trends. // Westchester County Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p15
Reports on trends in health care in the United States as of June 12, 2000. Growth margins predicted for employer-sponsored long-term care; Sources of spending for long-term care.
- ABSTRACTS. // Gerontologist;Oct2000 Special Issue, Vol. 40, p211
Presents abstracts on long-term care of the sick in the United States. `The Fate of Long-Term Care in the Health Care Reform Debate 1993-1994: Lessons for the Future,' by J.M. Wiener, C.L. Estes, S. Goldenson, and S. Goldberg; `Consumer Choice in Home and Community-Based Long-Term Care: Legal...
- Sharing a Boat. Greenwood, Robert // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep2001, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p6
Editorial. Offers observation on the long-term care system in the United States (U.S.). What U.S. citizens values in terms of health care; Reason behind the failure of President Bill Clinton toward health care reform; Perspective people should take about long-term care.
- CE TEST. // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;Dec2009, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p45
A quiz concerning on long-term care in the U.S. is presented.
- Inter-facility Infection Control Transfer Form. // Hospital Infection Control & Prevention;Jun2011, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p66
The article presents an Inter-facility Infection Control Transfer Form, which was originally conceptualized and developed by Utah Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Working Group.