Employers face choice�
- HHS Proposes Rules on Key Parts of ACA. // Texas Journal of Chiropractic;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the proposals of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on the key parts of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) rules of the U.S. President Barack Obama. It mentions that one of the rules proposed by HHS argue that insurance companies would only be allowed to vary...
- Remarks on Signing the Health Care and Reconciliation Act of 2010 in Alexandria, Virginia. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/30/2010, p1
The article presents the text of the remarks given by U.S. President Barack Obama on signing the Health Care and Reconciliation Act of 2010 in Alexandria, Virginia on March 30 in which he noted the number of improvements that the bill will make to the core reforms in health insurance, the state...
- Obama Unveils Plan To Kick-Start Health Talks. Hunter, Pam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/1/2010, Vol. 264 Issue 7, p9
The article focuses on the health-care proposal disclosed by U.S. President Barack Obama on February 22, 2010, which congressional leaders anticipate will restart the aborted negotiations on health care reform. The proposal is aimed at bridging the gap between the different versions of health...
- GOP Governors Blast Exchange Producers. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the appeal of Republican governors to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to have changes in the Affordable Care Act health insurance exchange programs.
- Cancer and Other Preexisting Conditions Now Covered Under HHS Program. Stone, Alec // ONS Connect;Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p18
The article offers information on the Preexisting Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) presented by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) which was passed under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.
- Proponents grapple with 'mountains of misinformation'. Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;7/19/2012, Vol. 78 Issue 51, p1
The article reports on the release of new data by the U.S. Health and Human Services Department (HHS) indicating that almost four million African Americans will gain health insurance coverage by 2016 under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which has been deemed constitutional by the Supreme Court.
- Agency Information Collection Request. 60-Day Public Comment Request. Tucker, Keith A. // Federal Register;7/27/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 145, p44240
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services calling for public comment on a request to extend the agency's information collection. It notes the Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information and Supporting Regulations that implement privacy...
- HHS Gives States More Time for Insurance Exchanges. // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Mar2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on a January 2013 announcement from the U.S. department of Health and Human Services in which the agency indicated that it will give states interested in creating their own health insurance exchanges more time in order to be compliant with the U.S. Patient Protection and...
- In the blink of an eye. LOCKWOOD, ROBERT P. // Our Sunday Visitor;2/24/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 43, p17
The author comments on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) regulations that pitted the agenda of free contraception, sterilization and abortion-related services of the administration of President Barack Obama against the religious freedom of Catholic and other faith-based groups.