How I got where I am today
- FIRM PROFILE: SHULMANS. Ganz, Kian // Lawyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p9
The article provides information about law firm Shulmans Solicitors. It is chaired by Jeremy Shulman with 12 partners, nine equity partners and 44 lawyers. The firm has built up a successful niche dealing in residential development for many of the leading homebuilders in Great Britain....
- Sketches for a Portrait of Women Managers. Gvozdeva, Elena S.; Gerchikov, Vladimir I. // Russian Social Science Review;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p72
Characterizes women managers in Russia. Women's views on career; Female approach to personnel management; Leadership skills of women managers.
- Breaking down barriers to women's success. Wentling, Rose Mary // HRMagazine;May95, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p79
Focuses on barriers to the success of women managers. Survey; Future career goals; Perceived obstacles; Suggested actions.
- Radical restructuring leaves women out of management. Edwards, Christine // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p55
Outlines the author's research on human resource management (HRM) and organizational restructuring that leaves women out of management positions. Discussion of the findings of the research; Conclusion of the study; Highlights of the research.
- how women can get out of dead-end jobs. Lynch, Edith M. // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Spring80, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p60
Looks at how women can advance into management positions. Reasons women are slow to advance into management positions; Ways of looking at a job.
- How I got where I am today. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;7/30/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p38
An interview with Zoe Mitchell, human resources (HR) manager at Graduate Prospects, is presented. She says she wanted to be a hotel manager since her father was the general manager of a hotel, but he advised her against following that career route. Mitchell first worked as a quality and service...
- Strategy & Finance. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 20 Issue 119, p29
Discusses the need to put more women in top management, according to a study by Cornell University. Stock performance of companies that went public with more women on their top management teams; Positive effect on both stock-price growth and earnings-per-share growth.
- Deb Capolarello: Managing Culture Change at Metlife. Hollis, Emily // Chief Learning Officer;Oct2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p28
Profiles Deb Capolarello, vice president and chief learning officer at MetLife. Educational attainment; Career highlights; Experience in managing culture change. INSET: Untitled.
- 'Hands up': Mentoring in the New Zealand Public Service. Bhatta, Gambhir; Washington, Sally // Public Personnel Management;Summer2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p211
Mentoring is now widely accepted as a useful tool for helping individuals develop their careers, and for organizations to enhance their human resource capability. Using the results from the 2000 Career Progression Survey, this paper sketches the status and nature of mentoring evident in the New...