Ignoring applicants puts brands in peril
- Sacrifice your job title to get on. // Supply Management;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p49
The article focuses on the advice by procurement leaders on how buyers can apply for a new position while working at a smaller organisation.
- LETTERS. Ritchie, Marcus; Ashcroft, Stephen; Torsu, Leonard; Young, Simon; Doran, Kevin; Emsley, Philip // Supply Management;9/8/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p16
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in the previous issue. Job swapping between purchasing and sales: Roles of organizational buying behavior; Challenges faced by job hunters in recruitment agency techniques.
- Make the right impression. Simms, Jane // Supply Management;6/23/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p31
Discusses issues related to application for positions of purchasing and industrial procurement professionals in Great Britain. Resume writing; What to say and what to do during the interview.
- Applying to Graduate School. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/21/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 29, pS20
The article offers tips and guide to help newly graduate students in application process from Manhattanville College in Purchase, New York. It states that it is important to start the application process early and find out what are the requirements for admission. The article also offers...
- LETTERS. Blevin, Tamsin; Campbell, Donald; Kidd, Andrew; Hickmott, Andy; Torsu, Leonard // Supply Management;7/7/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p16
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and issues published in previous issues of the journal "Supply Management." Explanation to the duties and obligations of a recruitment consultancy firm on the contracting employer; Details to the difficulties faced by job candidates in getting...
- Preparing for and excelling at on-campus interviews. Bardwell, Chris B. // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p52
Suggests different strategies to consider in working with career planning officials in preparation for on-campus interviews. Understanding the purpose of on-campus interview; Preparation for the interview; Conquering fear and overcoming stress; Tips for success; Closing the interview; Evaluating...
- Choosing a company to work for. // Black Enterprise;May85, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p51
What you know about an industry and the firm you would like to work for can help you find the perfect job. Analyze the industry. Keep up with the business and financial pages of newspapers to gauge an industry's financial health. Identify the right company for you.
- Success secrets. McCormick, Mark // Las Vegas Business Press;07/21/97, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p11
Provides tips on applying for employment. Avoidance of haste in choosing a right job; Advantage of investing money and effort for the pursuit of jobs; Importance of getting facts about the company before an interview.
- Death of a standard form? // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter94/95, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p36
Announces that the standard form (SF) 171 was officially retired on December 31, 1994 and the green and white federal employment applications is no longer authorized by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Several options of Federal jobseekers; .