Energy sector warns of skills shortage to come
- Partnerships. Maxwell, Chris // Director;Mar2012, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses Spencer Ogden energy recruiting company in Great Britain from the perspective of the partnership's founders David Spencer-Percival and Sir Peter Ogden. The discussion topics include why the founders chose to build a company in the energy recruitment sector, the factors...
- THE LATEST. Larubbio, Neil // High Country News;1/23/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the high rate of worker fatalities from the energy industry of Wyoming.
- 25,000. // Architect;Sep2012, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p36
The article announces that 25,000 workers in the state of Ohio are employed in clean energy.
- Clean, Green GROWTH. // Career World;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses a study which shows the steadily growing number of jobs in the environmental or green sector. Clean energy jobs have reportedly increased by 9.1% between 1998 and 2007 and total jobs increased by 3.7%. It is also predicted by experts that the clean energy sector will be...
- Students Learn From the Pros at ENTECH Advanced Energy Training. // Fuel Oil News;Sep2014, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p10
The article offers information on career training programs offered by ENTECH Advanced Energy Training school that operates along with the Connecticut Energy Marketers Association (CEMA).
- Management methods. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Feb98, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p31
Gives advice on managing certain work situations. How to teach at work; Significance of follow-up skills for assessing delegated work; Account on writing reports on conventions.
- Drilling Down: What Can Geothermal Do for You? Davis, Dorothy // POWERGRID International;Dec2010, Vol. 15 Issue 12, Special section p8
The article discusses the jobs that can be created in the geothermal energy sector. A report by the International Geothermal Association showed that over 10,000 megawatts (MW) is presently used in the U.S. as of 2010, up by almost 20% from 2005. In the industry report cited by the Geothermal...
- Struggling Energy Sector Spoils In-House Job Market. Fred, Sheryl // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 140, p58
Discusses the economic struggle of in-house counsels in the United States brought about by the downturn in the energy sector. Decision of top employers to eliminate their operations; Decline of job orders from companies; Options for in-house counsels to take jobs outside of their geographic...
- New Research Finds Solar Jobs Growing Quickly Across Surprising Mix of States. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;3/5/2014, p3
The article reports on the job growth in the U.S. solar industry in 2013 according to the independent tax-exempt research and education nonprofit the Solar Foundation (TSF). It mentions the states that have experienced growth in solar employment including California, Arizona and New York. It...