Kent to offer new deal for retained firefighters
- From applicant to firefighter: the hiring process. // Filipino Post;6/21/2012, p4
The article informs that 16 firefighters are going to be hired for October 2012 in Surrey, British Columbia as many senior employees are going to retire.
- Part-timer men on the rise. // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p16
Cites the increase in the number of men working part-time in Great Britain compared to women, according to a report by Social Trends.
- How part-timers fare in US economy. Nifong, Christina // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 182, p4
Discusses part-time labor in the United States in the wake of the strike by the Teamsters Union against United Parcel Service which began in August of 1997. Debate about the impact that part-time labor has on the US economy; The need for flexibility as a primary cause for the increased number...
- Benefits for part-time workers on the rise. // NACD Directorship;May95, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p14
Reports on an increase in the number of benefits available to part-time employees.
- Journal abstracts. // Social Security Bulletin;Fall92, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p81
Presents an abstract of the study `Dualism in Part-Time Employment,' by Chris Tilly, published in the Spring 1991 issue of `Industrial Relations'.
- Does part-time work pay? Kosters, Marvin; McCullough, Deirdre // American Enterprise;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p90
Focuses on part-time employment in the United States. Trends in part-time work; Compensation for part-time work; Comparison of differences in wages of part and full-time workers; Nonwage benefits comparisons.
- Jobs and achievement. Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr96, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p577
Reports on a study on the effects high school students' part-time jobs. Controversy over whether this results in lower test scores; Details of the study by Rhoda Carr, James Wright, and Charles Brody of Tulane University; Findings published in the January 1996 issue of `Sociology of Education';...
- Temp help deserves your full-time respect. Medea, Andra // Crain's Small Business -- Southeast Michigan Edition;May97, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p12
Presents tips to avoid problems with part-time workers. Screening; Marginalization of part-timers; Communicating with part-timers; Being alert for casual blaming.
- Temp staffing agencies prospering at the expense of workers, union boss says. Oaks, Tiffany // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/08/97, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p9
Speculates on the increased demand for part-time workers in the United States. Savings on benefits for employers; Advantage for people in need of flexible work hours; Burden of caring for unemployed and unprotected workers.