- Revved up over what's on the box. // Autosport;8/22/2013, p101
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of buying a smart television (TV) with a BT Sport subscription.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- PASS making charge to become a free channel. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p36
Reports on efforts by PASS Sports' to convert its paid programming to free basic services in the Michigan and Ohio territory. Renegotiation of some of its affiliate agreements; Terms and conditions as they relate to the agreement Comments from PASS General Manager Jeff Genther.
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Harry Newton's In Search of the Perfect Investment. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;3/16/2009, p1
A list depicting the television broadcasting schedule of tennis matches to be held in Indian Wells, Riverside County, California in March 2009 is presented.
- TRUE GRID. Flaherty, Mike // Entertainment Weekly;02/16/2001, Issue 582, p15
Comments on the violence and profanities in the broadcasting of sports and other television shows in the United States.
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Hicks aims for hockey's stars. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;02/09/98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p16
Reveals the local marketing agreement between KXTX television station in Dallas, and Thomas Hicks, owner of Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. Efforts of KXTX to deliver professional hockey telecasts; Issue on ad revenue; Reaction of buyers on the deal; Advantage of KXTX over its...