CIPD: public sector should use bonuses to drive reform
- Your Raise Is Effective When You Are. Ramsey, Dave // Mobile Beat;Sep2015, Issue 165, p62
The article suggests that wage increases should be based on performance of workers.
- Hello, goodbye. Spencer, Simeon // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2004, p13
Asserts that measuring the personal performance of executives who receive large payouts against corporate performance is a difficult task. Reason of employers for giving incoming executives large payouts; Grounds for summary termination; Common entitlements stipulated in the employment contract...
- "SWEETS TO THE SWEET": PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY IN BRITAIN. Torrington, Derek // International Journal of Employment Studies;Oct1993, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p149
Performance related pay has been such an alien concept to many British commentators that there is a risk of finding fault with it as a concept and then disregarding the reality. This paper reviews empirical evidence from various sources to suggest that performance related pay (PRP) is an...
- LETTERS. Polich, Allen D.; Costigan, Brendan // American School Board Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 193 Issue 7, p13
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles and topics discussed in previous issues including, "Base Pay on Performance...Perhaps," in the May 2006 issue, and "Kindergarten Learning Gap," by Lynn Fielding, in the April 2006 issue.
- 2012 LOOKING VERY FAMILIAR. SPEIZER, IRWIN // Workforce Management;Nov2011, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p3
The article focuses on surveys and analysis related to the forecasts of average base salary increases in 2012 in the U.S. According to several surveys of compensation practices at the U.S. companies, average base salary raises seem to be stuck in the 3 percent range through 2012. It is stated...
- PERFORMANCE PAY GUIDANCE ISSUED BY EMPLOYER BODY. // Nursing Standard;6/11/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p8
NHS organisations would cut their wage bill if they introduced systems linking staff performance with incremental pay.
- Measuring Faculty Performance. Young, Scott T. // Global Business & International Management Conference;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p68
This paper will present a method for gauging faculty performance. This system measures Research, Teaching, and Service and produces an overall performance score. The score is used to determine annual pay raises.
- Weak Link Between Business Ethics and Executive Compensation. STEFFEE, S. // Internal Auditor;Aug2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p16
The article presents the findings of "The Compensation, Performance, Compliance and Ethics" survey conducted by the Health Care Compliance Association and the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE). The result shows that there is relatively little connection between ethical business...
- Pushing performance management. Hansen, Fay // Workforce Management;Nov2005, Vol. 84 Issue 13, p22
This article highlights a survey conducted by Watson Wyatt which confirmed that many employees in the U.S. do not understand business objectives nor believe that their performance is always evaluated and rewarded in line with those objectives. The differences between the bonuses and annual pay...