PEOPLE AND POSTS
- Top jobâ€¦ Andrew Powles. Powles, Andrew // Personnel Today;2/19/2008, p32
An interview with Andrew Powles, assistant director at Identity and Passport Service, is presented. Powles reveals that he is primarily responsible for employee relation strategies which are aimed to maximize employee management engagement and performance. He likewise admits having challenges in...
- Is your HR team up to scratch? FARAGHER, JO // People Management;Jan2014, p30
The article focuses on the important role played by human resource (HR) in achieving a firm's goals. Topics discussed include the changes implemented by Home Group director for HR Susan Coulson and head of organizational development and learning Elouise Leonard-Cross so that senior managers own...
- United front in Advanced golf. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jul2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article highlights the presentation of the Stableford prize to Andrew Powles of United Refrigeration after scoring 46 points during the Advanced Engineering Golf Day.
- People on the move. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2008, p12
The article announces the career development of several businesspeople in Great Britain including Graham White as director of human resources (HR) at Westminster City Council, Alan Cairns as director of HR at moneysupermarket.com, and Andrew Powles as assistant director at Home Office.
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;1/22/2008, p32
The article announces the appointment of various executives including Andrew Powles who has been appointed assistant director at the British Identity and Passport Services, Tomas Leal who has joined technology supplier ITT Corp. as director of global inclusion and diversity, and appointment of...
- Distinguished members of the `HR 2008' panel. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p53
Presents human resource professionals who were consulted by the periodical `Workforce' to predict human resource trends for year 2008. Includes Dennis Blair of GTE Technology and Systems; Bonnie Hathcock of US Airways; Bob Peixotto of L.L. Bean Inc.
- People and posts. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p13
Announces the executives' post related to personnel development in Britain. Members of the council of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration; Grant McEwan's job at Kendals department store in Manchester; Responsibilities of Chris Howard as head of corporate services at English Tourist...
- A new profile for Polish personnel. Vrotecka, Irmina // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p36
Relates the author's experience as a personnel manager in Poland. Where she obtain her legal background of personnel; Training policy of the company where she work; Three types of company in Poland which human resource managers operate.
- Cutbacks block creativity. Hegewisch, Ariane // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p37
Focuses on the impact of privatization on personnel managers in eastern Germany. Comparison between the personnel managers before and after the privatization; Influence of western German owners and customs on the employees of eastern Germany.