Research topic: the role of business schools
- OUBS round-up. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p55
Offers a look at some of the research activities being done at the Open University Business School in Great Britain. Study conducted by European partners on manufacturers; Research on personnel strategies; Study on the performance-related pay.
- 28. TEACHING OF MARKETING. Lazer, William // Journal of Marketing;Apr1959, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p451
The article presents the abstract "Some Observations on the Business School of Tomorrow," by G. L. Back.
- Dharavi Becomes Case Study For Harvard B-Students. // India -- West;6/25/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 31, pA32
The article reports that one of the largest slums in Asia, Dharavi, becomes the subject of the case study of a Harvard Business School that analyzes the efforts and risks involved in developing again the shanty town in India's financial capital Mumbai into an urban locality.
- From the Editor. Randler, Christoph // International Journal of Instruction;Jul2015, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including effectiveness of business schools and improved teaching method, before-after control/impact design to improve well-being in class, and perceived classroom assessment.
- UM SAFÃRI DE ESTRATÃ‰GIA NO CERRADO MINEIRO: CONCEPÃ‡Ã•ES DE ESTRATÃ‰GIA EM MICRO, PEQUENAS E MÃ‰DIAS EMPRESAS. Seno, João Paulo; Borges Kappel, Lucas; Vinícius Ramos, Marlos; Florindo Borges, Jacquelaine // Revista EletrÃ´nica de EstratÃ©gia & NegÃ³cios;set-dez2014, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p4
We analyzed the conceptions about strategy of entrepreneurs who participating in the Empreender Program, develop by AssociaÃ§Ã£o Comercial e Industrial de UberlÃ¢ndia -- ACIUB. The aim was identifying which schools (MINTZBERG; AHLSTRAND; LAMPEL, 2000) underlie the conceptions, since the...
- Study reveals business schools put billions into the economy. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;Nov2010, p11
The article reports on the result of the research study regarding the contribution of the business schools of Great Britain in their local economies. It mentions that some business schools have made a significant financial impact in the economy, making them generate a 2 billion-pound income for...
- VAN DE VEN AND JOHNSON'S "ENGAGED SCHOLARSHIP": NICE TRY, BUT... McKelvey, Bill // Academy of Management Review;Oct2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p822
Practitioners find little value in academic research. Some see it as a knowledge flow problem; others see practitioner and academic knowledge as unrelated. Van de Venand Johnson propose a pluralistic collective of researchers and practitioners using "engaged scholarship" and intellectual...
- RELATIONSHIP MODEL OF PERSONALITY, COMMUNICATION, STUDENT ENGAGEMENT, AND LEARNING SATISFACTION. ARIANI, Dorothea Wahyu // Business, Management & Education / Verslas, Vadyba ir Studijos;2015, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p175
This study aims to examine the engagement as a mediating variable of the relationship between personality and communication with satisfaction. This study was conducted at business school in Indonesia with 307 students who are still active as a respondent. Survey research was conducted over four...
- Developing a General Analytical Inductive Qualitative Research Strategy to Investigate Business School - Industry Collaboration. Darabi, Fariba; Clark, Murray // Proceedings of the European Conference on Research Methods for B;2013, p108
This paper examines the development of a general analytical inductive approach to qualitative research. It critically assesses the research design and analytical processes that facilitated the development of a framework for understanding the initiation stages of collaborative partnerships...