How HR made a difference at work
- Costain's recruitment drive. Rogers, David // Contract Journal;8/12/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6732, p3
The article reports that Costain Group PLC is set to begin a recruitment drive which will see at least 200 extra people join the business within a year. Andrew Wyllie, chief executive officer (CEO) of Costain, says that they have still got more opportunities than resources to bid and will be...
- Paving Paths. ALLEN, KEVIN // PM Network;Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p62
The article discusses ways for project management companies to recruit and retain project managers as of October 2013. Background is presented on the increase in demand and competition for qualified project managers. It highlights the need of companies to develop and promote potential project...
- Defining the role of project and account manager. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;8/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p8
The article provides an answer to a question on the role of account and project manager.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT PITFALLS. Stattler, Elaine // Managing People at Work;Sep2012, Issue 366, p6
The article offers information on the rules that project managers must consider to prevent scope creep pitfalls, known as the tendency for a project to expand over time, in order to ensure that every aspect of a project runs smoothly.
- THE BIG SWITCH. SCOTT, LINDSAY // PM Network;Oct2014, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to project management, including how to handle multidisciplinary projects, advice for beginners, and salary level for international projects.
- Section One: Introduction. // AMA Handbook of Project Management;2006, p13
The article discusses various reports which appeared in the book "The AMA Handbook of Project Management" including the project management profession and the processes involved in such management.
- PREFACE. Ilmete, Žaneta // Project Management Development - Practice & Perspectives;2015, p3
The article introduces various articles on project management and project managers published within the issue.
- Security Essentials for Project Managers: Protecting Email and Mobile Devices. Farquharson, Neil // PM World Journal;Nov2015, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1
Cyber-crime and espionage attacks your employers' or clients' reputation, profitability and future. Still somewhat quaintly referred to as "hacking," these threats are now foremost in corporate strategic thinking. With the security breaches at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Sony, Home...
- How to Tackle a Problem with Business Design Thinking. Lee, Parker // PM World Journal;Nov2015, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses how project managers can tackle a problem with business design thinking to ensure successful project implementation.