Do 'pilon' clauses provide enough protection when executives leave?
- How do you calculate redundancy pay when making a payment in lieu of notice (PILON)? Munro, Susie // Employers Law;Dec2015/Jan2016, p17
The article focuses on calculation of redundancy pay when making a payment in lieu of notice (PILON). Topics discussed include calculation of redundancy payments based on employee's length of service, calculation of length of service as at relevant date, statutory minimum notice period being one...
- Ambiguity doesn't work. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 48, p1
Reports the importance of clear language in employers benefit and severance plans in Chicago, Illinois. Provision of retirement benefits and severance pay for employee layoffs; Basis in providing the benefits; Impact of the rule on employers.
- What to do if you get FIRED. Loeb, Marshall; McGowan, Joe // Fortune;1/15/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p77
Offers advice to employees on what to do if they are fired. Why someone should not quit when notified of being fired; Ways to improve a severance package.
- Ending the unproductive employment relationship. Smith, Shawn // Westchester County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p4
Presents tips on employee termination. Consideration of the employment agreement; Assessment of the contractual obligations; Provision of severance payments.
- Tie severance pay to a release form. // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the legal implications of tying severance pay to a form releasing the employers from wrongful discharge claims. Comment by Harry A. Zim, partner in the law firm Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker; Features of the forms that are tied to the severance pay; Benefits of the form.
- TOO LATE NOW. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p52
Answers a question on the validity of a severance package after an employee has been laid off. Basis of severance pay; Importance of signing the severance acceptance letter.
- Weekly dilemmaâ€¦ Terminating contracts. Leach, Mark // Personnel Today;3/4/2008, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on the things that should be included in the termination package of employees.
- Referrals and Diversity, Transgender Name Changes, Termination Meeting Pay. Collis, Angie // HR Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p28
The article presents question and an answer related to the payment of nonexempt employee for time spent in a termination meeting.
- This dangerous redundancy game. Bebo, David // Personnel Today;3/5/2002, p20
Focuses on the danger of voluntary payment offered by companies to a dismissed employees. Concept of voluntary redundancy; Problems with voluntary redundancy; Consequences of voluntary redundancy.