Social network helps public-sector HR share money-saving strategies
- HR shapes workforce strategy. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;3/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the feedback of British human resource (HR) professionals are being sought for input into the Improvement and Development Agency's (IDeA) workforce strategy document. The document is part of the national improvement strategy (NIS) and is designed to aid local authorities...
- IDA is set to shrink, warns incoming chief. Williams, David // Public Finance;5/14/2010, p7
The article highlights the warning statement of Rob Whiteman, the new chief executive officer (CEO) of the Improvement and Development Agency (IDA) in Great Britain, concerning the potential size reduction of the agency by 30%-40%.
- If all the council chambers were a stage…. Harding, David // Public Finance;02/01/2002, p10
Focuses on the offer of two-day courses providing coaching to members in presentation and public speaking skills. Attitudes of council members during the council meetings; Lessons on the use of voice, personality and presence to speak; Efforts of the Improvement and Development Agency in the...
- An IDeA for its time? Day, Karen // Public Finance;12/14/2001-1/10/02, p20
Focuses on the establishment of the Improvement and Development Agency in Great Britain. Improvement of the standards of the local government; Ideas for modernizing services and reforming political structures; Consultancy to provide guidance and leadership for the councils. INSET: Information...
- Is posting your CV on LinkedIn a disciplinary matter? // People Management;Feb2012, p19
The article presents comments posted online by readers concerning an article about a Human Resources manager who was disciplined for inappropriate use of social media because he posted his curriculum vitae on the online social network LinkedIn and indicated his interest in other job opportunities.
- Local councils across the country think learning pool is a good IDeA. // e.learning age;Apr2004 Supplement, p2
Reports on a learning pool service run by the British Improvement and Development Agency that provides targeted electronic learning materials for local government. Percentage of respondents in a 2003 survey who said that authoring tools/workshops was the most popular aspect of learning pool;...
- learning, adapting, improving. // e.learning age;Apr2004 Supplement, p5
Presents information on a learning pool service introduced by the British Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA) that brings local authorities together to create, access and share targeted electronic learning. Number of city councils that have subscribed to the service within the first 12...
- An ideal solution. Pickard, Jane // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p33
Features the Improvement and Development Agency (IDEA), an independent agency formed in 1999 to promote good practice and exchange knowledge and ideas within local authorities. Background on the creation of IDEA; Purpose of the Learning Pool launched by the agency.
- QUALITY AT THE TOP. // Community Care;4/19/2007, Issue 1669, p5
The author comments on a report by the British Improvement Development Agency which warns that councils are finding it difficult to recruit high caliber directors and deputy directors of services. He believes that the problem originates from the limited pool from which directors are being...