NEWS FROM THE WEB
- In Brief--UK Employment and HR Newsletter. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q4, Special section p1
The article presents an update on employment and human resource (HR) in Great Britain in 2010. Some of the main provisions of the Equality Act 2010 are enumerated including the prohibition of employers from asking pre-employment health-related questions. The additional paternity leave and pay...
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;Dec2011, p65
News briefs on personnel management executive employment in Great Britain are presented including the appointment of Mike Cooke as chief executive of Camden Council, the naming of Carole Jones as director of human resources strategy for Aviva PLC and the naming of Sandra Thorpe as director of...
- NOTE PAD. // People Management;12/9/2010, p12
This section offers news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain as of December 9, 2010 including a survey which shows that about 40% of recruiters tend to reject telephone interview candidate if they were doing something else during the interview, implication of the extra bank holiday...
- also noted... // People Management;Nov2013, p17
The article presents news briefs related to human resources (HR) management in Great Britain as of November 2013 including the launch of the Ban the Box campaign by business-community outreach charity Business in the Community to eliminate employment discrimination against ex-offenders and the...
- Knowledge is power for opportunity. Davis, Miles // Recruiter;7/21/2010, p21
The article reports on the significance of a more specialist approach for employee recruitment in Great Britain. It notes that thrust in public sector spending develops opportunities and threats for the employers. Higher recruitment risks suggest that employers want to make things fall into...
- Government wastes Â£41.8m on 'recreating' skills agency. Baker, Kat // Personnel Today;2/16/2010, p1
The article reports that government of Great Britain plans to replace the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) with new Skills Funding Agency (SFA) and the Young People's Learning Agency. As stated, SFA transferred 3,200 LSC staff to fill posts in new agencies. Reportedly, majority HR chiefs in the...
- Employers still lag on engagement. // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2009, p8
The article presents two statistics on the lack of ability of employers to engage their staff and their failure to conduct employee engagement surveys in Great Britain.
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. O'Reilly, Noel // Employers Law;Feb2011, p3
The author reflects on several challenging developments for employers and human resource (HR) professionals including the abolition of the default retirement age, the option of positive action, and imminent changes to the paternity leave rules.
- Employers not ready for paternity rules. Morton, Kate // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);3/31/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4262, p8
The article reports on a survey by the charity Working Families, stating that 4 in 10 employers are unprepared for the changes to rules on paternity leave and pay effective April 2011.