Police question the role of non-uniform staff
- TIPS FROM THE FRONT LINE. EVANS, GARY // Mixmag;7/ 1/2012, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p76
The article presents information on the tips for workers working in Ibiza Island, Spain including have a home insurance, respect the police and not to go anywhere without Euros.
- `Gypsy cops' pose threat to all levels of law enforcement. Kennedy Jr. // New Hampshire Business Review;09/24/99, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p19
Focuses on the problem of law enforcement agencies in the United States in screening out law enforcement officer candidates who are misrepresenting their prior police employment records. Importance of background investigation in evaluating the qualifications of these candidates; Importance of...
- Police Staffing Allocation and Managing Workload Demand: A Critical Assessment of Existing Practices1. Wilson, Jeremy M.; Weiss, Alexander // Policing: A Journal of Policy & Practice;Jun2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p96
Police agencies take a variety of approaches to determining their staffing allocation needs. Among these are the per-capita, minimum staffing, authorized level, and workload-based methods. Based on a review of the literature, interviews with practitioners representing 20 diverse agencies across...
- Attracting qualified personnel in times of full employment. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2000, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p65
Offers tips on recruitment and retainment of qualified personnel in a private security company. Includes creation of a positive working environment; Transformation of security job into a multi-tasking career; Expansion of bonus pool; Extension of recruitment hours.
- Wallis chief resigns. // East Bernard Express (TX);10/5/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 41, p3
The article declares that David Fischer, Chief of Police, Wallis city, Texas, USA has resigned and joined the Austin County Sheriffs Department as a patrol sergeant.
- When should you call in the police? // Same-Day Surgery;May2009, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p49
The article provides information on the police's role in ensuring the safety of employees or individuals during critical times on the business premises.
- MARY KRAMER: Police woes an issue of safety, and business. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p9
Detroit, Michigan police chief runs a 4,000-employee department without a key management tool, he can't fire employees for poor performance. Unions and decades of work rules negotiated to employees' benefit when the city was short on cash for salary increases have created a morass that would...
- Police officer accused of theft. // Malakoff News (TX);7/13/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 28, p3A
The article reports that Mayor Larry Teague confirmed the termination of Officer Darrell Dean from the Malabank Police Department effective June 27, 2007.
- O'Fallon plans to hire 3 more police officers. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;11/28/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 48, pA4
The article reports on the plan by officials in O'Fallon, Missouri to hire up to 10 staff, including three police officers, in 2013 due to expected increase in revenue, particularly from sales tax.