The exodus files
- STANDARDS. // Accountancy;Mar1997, Vol. 119 Issue 1243, p85
Reports on the British Court of Appeal's reversal of the decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal which held that an employer's dismissal of employees who got drunk and abusive after a seminar on improving behavioral skills was manifestly reasonable on the grounds of misconduct. Basis of...
- Out of hours, out of order? // Works Management;Apr2000, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p15
Comments on the issue of dismissing employees due to out-of-work activities. Arguments of employers in employment tribunals; Effect of the extracurricular activity of employees on the employer's reputation; Demonstration of the decision to dismiss as a reasonable action; Extent of the...
- Material witness. Howden, Emma // Works Management;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on a case involving a dismissed employee and the employer. Reason for the dismissal; Refutation of the action by the employee; Claims of the employee against the employer.
- What would you have done? Howden, Emma // Works Management;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p48
Presents the findings of the Tribunal on a case concerning the unfair dismissal of an employee. Inadequacy of the investigation into the extra work of the employee; Acceptance of employer belief in the guilt of the employee; Agreement with the rationality of a relocation for the worker.
- How Not To Fire An Employee. PORTER, JIM // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p61
Offers advice for managers on legal issues involved in terminating an employee. Court rulings affecting employee dismissals; Issues involved in firing an employee-at-will; Dealing with an employee who brings a workplace problem to their attention.
- Unfair dismissal payout limit increases by nearly ï¿½4,000. // Employers Law;Feb2012, p4
The article reports that on February 1, 2012 planned changes to the limits and amounts payable under employment legislation will be implemented, which would include an increase in the maximum award for unfair dismissal from 68,400 pounds to 72,300 pounds.
- Employment law. Ellis, Norman // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/28/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6269, p1040
Investigates the rights of an employer to dismiss an employee without violating the employment law. Context of the employment law; Obligation of an employer to award substantial compensation to the employee; Fears of employers over the consequences associated with the dismissal of an employee;...
- facts and figures. // Employers Law;May2010, p26
The article provides employment facts and figures including qualifying period for unfair dismissal, statutory minimum notice, and claims accepted by the Employment Tribunal Service.
- Firing a Frenchman. Johnson, Michael // Across the Board;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p13
Discusses the legal procedure in firing an incompetent employee in France. Information on how an employee is being protected by his co-employees.