- discussions online…. // Employers Law;May2008, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management, including writing a human resource (HR) manual/employee handbook using policies and procedures from other companies, whether hernia would be covered by the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and what would be an...
- EEOC throws book at Houston firm for alleged ADA violation. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opprotunity Commission (EEOC) against ENGlobal Engineering for disability discrimination after the Texas-based company dismissed their worker, Jeff Rose, because of multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Discriminatory dismissal--no need for comparator. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p79
Presents a legal case which shows that the law on sex and race discrimination, which involves a comparator, is not applicable to complaints of disability discrimination in Great Britain. Significance of the Court of Appeal's decision in the case `Clark vs. TDG Ltd.'
- Accent on access. Kennedy-Davies, Hugh // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p22
Reports on Great Britain's Disability Discrimination Bill which became an Act of Parliament in November 1995'. Doubts about bill's effectiveness compared with the Disabled Persons (Employment) Act of 1944 which it is supposed to supersede; Mixed response from disabled people and their...
- News & Networks. // Adults Learning;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p4
Presents updates on adult education in Great Britain as of March 1, 2001. Announcement of an investment in Learning Partnerships; Launch of an online support for students; Extension of the law on disability discrimination.
- DDA IMPLICATIONS. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul2003, p31
Discusses the implications of the Disability Discrimination Act for the ironmongery sector in Great Britain. Obligations of employers under the Act; Element of 'reasonableness' to take into account.
- Disabled Nursing Student Sues Over Bias. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jan2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Sally Borman, a disabled nursing student at the Community College of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, against her clinical course instructor Nora Evans.
- Gear up for the disabled. Crook // Cabinet Maker;10/01/99, Issue 5157, p6
Focuses on the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995 which makes it unlawful for a provider of services in Great Britain to discriminate against a disabled person.
- Political correctness hampers disability ads. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;7/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p20
Focuses on the plan of the government to put the disability discrimination laws, as exemplified with the completion of the final phase of the 1995 Disability Discrimination Act, and urge the advertising industry to reflect the roles of the disabled in Great Britain. Plan to collaborate with...