Human skills putting data in the shade
- Developing Creativity. Cottringer, William // Executive Excellence;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p18
Presents way to increase the confidence and competence in the skills of intuition and creativity of managers. Importance of distinguishing intuition from creativity; Relevance of varying daily routines; Suggestion to learn something important each day.
- REDEMPTION. VOSS, SARAH // Still Point Arts Quarterly;Fall2016, Issue 23, p18
The article discusses the feeling of being highly creative that speeding along in intuitive energy.
- Asian Leaders Value Creativity and Intuition More than Europeans Do. Lagerberg, Francesca // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/5/2014, p2
The article discusses the higher number of Asian leaders who believe in the importance of creativity and intuition in leadership styles compared with European leaders based on the International Business Report released by the global accounting organization Grant Thornton in 2014.
- Irrational Secrets to Innovation. Fleetham, Charles // HR Magazine;Dec2005, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p96
The article presents advice to managers on enhancing the creativity of employees. Managers are usually the ones who inhibit creativity by seeking safety in how things have always been done instead of applying innovative solutions. The unconscious can be used to find such solutions. Managers...
- Your Inner Genius. Wolter, Marjorie // Personal Excellence Essentials;Apr2011, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on connecting with one's inner genius. The author says that it best to reconnect with one's intuition rather than ignoring it as this method will enable the regain of many valuable insights. She advises to tap into one's creative side like taking up a new hobby, learning a...
- Dear Dena:. Blatt, Dena // True Blue Spirit;Feb2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p20
The article presents the author's view on the characteristics in the reader's handwriting. She contends that the handwriting in the printed version, illustrates the reader's artistic, creative ability, with strong intuition and strong fear of relationships and the future. On the other hand, in...
- Predicting the future is good for your prophets. Rogers, Beth // People Management;4/4/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p21
States that creativity and intuition are crucial to companies and individuals who want to stay one step ahead in an ever-changing world. Importance of data analysis in an organisation's preparation for the future; Creativity techniques as catalysts for intuition; Benefits of `out-of-body'...
- What Keeps Most Managers From Becoming Leaders? Weinstein, Harold // American Salesman;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p12
Presents some reasons for the failure of business managers to become leaders, according to a survey by Caliper. Inability to understand others; Failure to solve problems quickly; Failure to take necessary risks.
- ROMANIAN MANAGERS' ATTITUDE TO INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY. Bucurean, Mirela; Costin, Madalina-Adriana // International Conference : CKS - Challenges of the Knowledge Soc;Jan2010, p1529
Innovation and creativity are terms used not to describe dark forces disturbing our ordered calm, but as interesting activities undertaken by people at work that keep their organizations lively and up to date by exploring possible new activities and changed methods of doing things. This paper is...