- Soham case highlights pitfalls in data protection. // Personnel Today;1/6/2004, p1
Public and private bodies alike must ensure that child protection is never subordinate to data protection, according to Mary Mallett, president of the Society of Personnel Officers. Under the 1984 Act, and its successor, the Data Protection Act 1998, anybody who holds information about a living...
- Views. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p62
Presents personnel directors' views on the projected growth of employment in the information technology industry in the United States. Human Resource Group human resource consultant Anthony Adorno's advocacy of acquisitions; InfoPro Corp.'s proactive stance via active leadership with government...
- Save Time and Money through Data Management. Monti, Katherine L. // Applied Clinical Trials;Oct2001, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p54
Evaluates the performance of data management. Benefits of data management; Efficacy of database design; Steps on cost savings; Detection of data problems in multivariate data check; Standards that increase programming efficiencies.
- The PROs and CONs of stand-alone minicomputers for trust work. Brennan, Peter J. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1980, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p92
Focuses on the importance of computer in the bank industry of the U.S. Improvement of the bank process; Automation of bank operations; Developments of the data processing.
- Software pirates pillage hospitals' computer systems. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Discusses the problem of pirating of software in the computer systems of hospitals in the United States. Efforts by the Business Software Alliance and the Software Publishing Association to chase down potential copyright violators; Growing problem of copyright infringement.
- Windows-based on-line credit interchange: The future is now. Finnessy, John C. // Business Credit;Jan1997, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on an on-line credit interchange system which would reduce the credit interchange cycle and provide immediate access to single credit reports. Description of the interchange program; Hardware requirements; Remote access to the system; Who the system was developed by.
- MERNET--What's in it for me? // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1997, MERNET News p3
Looks at some of the business transactions that can be exchanged using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Belief that EDI is a cost reduction process; Description of how EDI works.
- Computer consultants. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/25/98, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p12
Lists the largest computer consultants based in Fairfield County, Connecticut ranked by the number of employees. Name, address and telephone number; Number of employees; Services offered; Local executive and year established.
- Computer experts for hire. Strange, Julia // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, Magazine p8C
Discusses the services offered by computer consultants. Hiring of contract programmers to fill temporary manpower requirements; Expertise on specific technologies; Costs per hour; USA Group's demand for computer consultants; Establishment of consulting companies.