Church to use consultants on clergy's judgement day
- Judgement day looms for church ministers. Overell, Stephen // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p8
States that Church of England is developing national guidance on how the performance of clergy should be assessed. Some debate over the appraisal; Brief discussion on Methodist Church's system of self-appraisal.
- Payments to priests in millions. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;05/23/97, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p8
Focuses on the annual report of the Church of England stating that it will cost more than $25 million to compensate clergy leaving the denomination in the country.
- Church workers to face performance appraisals. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;12/13/2005, p3
This article reports that the Church of England ministers will be subjected to business-style performance appraisals for the first time in the church's 500-year history. The new "ministerial reviews" are part of a raft of HR measures designed to improve employment practice in the church....
- … any more T-shirts vicar? // Personnel Today;11/19/2002, p56
Focuses on a proposal by the Church of England towards dress codes for clergy. Relaxation in dress codes at some services; Change in the law proposed by the Southwell Diocesan Synod.
- A unionized clergy for England? // Christian Century;2/1/95, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p106
Reports on the signing up of some 150 clergymen in the Church of England to join a trade union, the Manufacturing, Science and Finance Union. Issuance of applications through the `Church Times' and the `Church of England Newspaper'; Issues on the abolishment of the parson's freehold.
- `To the intent that these Orders may be continued': An Anglican theology of Holy Orders. Sykes, Stephen // Anglican Theological Review;Winter96, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p48
Examines the validity of the historical statement concerning the traditional threefold ministry of the Anglican Church. Validation of historical statements by tools of higher criticism; Bases for criticisms of Anglican theology.
- Take a walk on the catwalk. // U.S. Catholic;Dec2012, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the annual Church of England Clergy on the Catwalk event, held in Manchester, England in October 2012.
- Young master Williams. Mierau, Christina // Cobblestone;Sep98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
Features Roger Williams, an English rebel and a minister of the Church of England in the 17th century. Changes in England during 1603; Background on Williams; Williams' special talents as a boy; Languages that Williams learned. INSET: Happy birthday Roger Williams?.
- Big boss. // New Internationalist;Jun95, Issue 268, p6
Reports that a London curate is suing the Church of England for unfair dismissal.