Low Pay Commission criticised
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p23
Reports on developments in employment case law in Great Britain. Includes developments on the case `Goldwin vs. Cabletel UK Ltd.'; `British Telecommunications plc vs. Williams'; European Commission's adoption of the plan to improve the free movement of worker within the European Union.
- Report outlines employment practices in Vietnam. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/29/94, Vol. 33 Issue 35, Supplement: Employee... p10B
Reports on the employment practices in Vietnam. Interpretation of Vietnamese labor laws; Labor contracts and compensation; Rules on hiring Vietnamese employees.
- Yonkers unveils employment center plans for downtown. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/24/95, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the plans by Yonkers, New York State to open an employment center. Features of the plans by the city's Private Industry Council and New York State Department of Labor Community Services Center; Comment by Martin Lewis, executive director of the Private Industry Council; Features of...
- Labour market segmentation and the state: The New Zealand experience. Brosnan, Peter; Rea, David // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p667
Analyzes the role of the state in the historical process of labor market segmentation. Use of existing segmentation literature; Framework to understand the state's role in segmentation; New Zealand labor market as an example of the state's role in the process of labor market segmentation.
- Policy complementarities: The case for fundamental labor market reform. Coe, David T.; Snower, Dennis J. // IMF Staff Papers;Mar97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p1
Examines the importance of a group of labor market policies, in a complementary sense. Reference to labor market reforms in European countries; Importance of deeper labor market reforms; How distributional issues can be addressed.
- New York leads the nation with Self-Employment Program. Apte, Vivek // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/30/96, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the Self-Employment Program (SEP) launched by the State of New York for laid-off and unemployable workers. Benefits gained in the program; Loan-guarantee programs; Recipients; Problems encountered by the program.
- Schools out. Garb, Maggie // New York;1/29/96, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p14
Features the case of a secretary who signed up for the New York City Work Accountability You (WAY) program. Previous jobs by the secretary; Features of the program; Problems faced by the secretary with the program.
- Human resource development: Putting the power... Sirbasku, Jim // Supervision;Jan1991, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p9
Discusses how to maximize and develop human potentials in Human Resource Development (HRD). Programs that will help to improve productivity and quality to protect positions in world-competitive markets; Guidelines on what management must do to implement programs; How to change the `total...
- If you can't beat `em, them join `em--reluctantly! Wood, David // New Hampshire Business Review;7/22/94, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p9
Discusses the possibility of implementing a restrictive hiring ordinance in New Hampshire. Negative implication of limiting free enterprise; List of states practicing the ordinance; Means of stimulating local employment; Lack of initiative in the part of New Hampshire's elected officials;...