Unions claim employers need not fear recognition
- A POLITICAL CONCEPTUALIZATION OF MANAGERIAL BEHAVIOR. Ferris, Gerald R.; Fedor, Donald B.; King, Thomas R. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the issue of managerial behavior as actions that occur and are interpreted within a political arena. Concept of political behavior in relation to the actions taken by managers within the framework of human resource management (HRM); Implications for human resources systems; Questions...
- Off the cuff. // Personnel Journal;Aug95, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p15
Presents the results of a survey of personnel managers conducted by `Personnel Journal.' Things respondents have learned in working their way to the top of the human resources profession; Views on spirituality; Survey questions on sexual orientation.
- A personal file of stimulating ideas, little known facts and daily problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Apr94, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p24
Presents behavior guidelines for personnel managers. Dispute resolution; Etiquette in language; Applicability of criticism; Motivational exercises; Reasons for job termination.
- Dialogue. // Personnel Journal;Nov96, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p17
Presents opinions of human resources executives in the United States on various personnel management issues. Includes best ways to get employees to think and act like owners of the business; Prevalence of employee loafing; Workplace drug use.
- World without unions? Look at New Zealand. Dannin, Ellen J. // San Diego Business Journal;9/4/95, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p24
Discusses a work environment without unions in New Zealand. Concern in the United States about the decline of unions; NZ's Employment Contracts Act (ECA); ECA view of the interests of employer and employee as naturally unitary and beneficial to both; View of unions as source of labor-management...
- Trade Union Act 1984 provision in force. // Accountancy;Oct84, Vol. 95 Issue 1094, p22
Discusses the provisions in the 1984 Trade Union Act in Great Britain.
- Coaching of key employees paying off. Brown // San Diego Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p17
Discusses Lee Hecht Harrison's 1999 survey of human resources managers in the United States regarding their companies' use of coaching for their executives. Companies' applications for executive coaching.
- The World of Industrial Law in March 1971. Rubenstein, Michael // Industrial Law Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p3
No abstract available.
- ï¿½Krise des Normalarbeitsverhï¿½ltnissesï¿½ - nach 25 Jahren revisited Vorbemerkung. M�ckenberger, Ulrich // Zeitschrift fï¿½r Sozialreform;2010, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p399
The following contributions revisit the article "The crisis of the standard employment relationship" published 25 years ago in this journal. They concur in the observation that what was a prognosis at that time - an increasing patchwork of deregulated flexible employment - is a reality today and...