Travel concessions up for grabs
- Training/pay and benefits. // People Management;5/2/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p8
Presents information about the training and other benefits provided by various companies. Launching of a company mentoring scheme giving small firms access to wisdom from United Kingdom top executives by the Business Bridge; Information on the three year training initiative of Granada...
- Call for inclusion of 16-18s. // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the proposal of a cross-party group of ministers that the New Deal, a key to the British government's welfare to work strategy that aims to give young people a chance to develop skills and find work, be extended to cover 16 to 18-year-olds. Call for the early introduction of young...
- Public service summit. Lewis, Anne C. // Education Digest;May93, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p47
Speculates President Bill Clinton will host a summit meeting at the end of the summer on youth service and how it can expand from pilot projects to be funded between now and the summit. Proposed Clinton administration spending on national service; Programs to be selected by the current...
- Summer without sunshine. Friedman, Dorian // U.S. News & World Report;5/17/93, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p57
Discusses President Bill Clinton's efforts to fund programs to create summer jobs for teenagers in American cities. The summer jobs program as one of the few provisions of Clinton's ill-fated jobs program that could survive; Track record of summer youth jobs and big problems facing teens;...
- A different kind of summer. // U.S. News & World Report;7/5/93, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p11
Reports that 1,475 students, ages 17 to 25, are answering President Bill Clinton's call and are working on community projects in 11 cities for eight weeks, earning minimum wage plus a $1,000 educational grant. Clinton's far more ambitious national service plan which is awaiting congressional...
- 4H lists youth training program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p10
Details government policies related to employment opportunities for the youth in the United States. Release of a list containing occupations too hazardous for the youth below the age of 16; Includes tractor driving; Meetings on the list provided by Cornell Cooperative Extension 4H Program.
- Teens employing hope. Cunningham, Dwight // Crain's Detroit Business;7/19/93, Vol. 9 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the unemployment of youths in Detroit and the disappearance of President Clinton's `Summer of Opportunity' for disadvantaged youths. Minimal number of federally subsidized summer jobs; Reason for dearth of employment; Federal cutbacks in funding through the Job Training Partnership...
- Labour plans pitch for `welfare to work' brief. // Campaign (UK);07/04/97, Issue 27, p2
Reports on the British Governments's plans to create a `welfare to work' advertising campaign to promote measures to address youth unemployment. Estimates on the campaign's cost; Projected number of jobs to be created by the campaign.
- Office Policies. Purdy, Jon // Podiatry Management;Jan2005, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
Presents a letter to the editor on discounts for medical personnel and their relatives in podiatric practices.