Jobs boost for pit region
- No 2 Kia. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;08/16/99, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p4
Editorial. Erases optimistic views concerning Ford Motor Co.'s plan to open a call center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Expected generation of around 600 entry-level jobs; Minimal revenue contributions from low-paying jobs; Need to discourage the proliferation of low-wage jobs in the area.
- Alorica adding call center, 200 jobs. Moffitt, Clay // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/11/2012, p1
The article reports on the plan of customer management outsourcing call center Alorica Inc. to expand its number of employees from 500 to 700 and to move to a larger facility on Blythe Avenue in Fresno County, California in mid-August 2012.
- Around THE NORTH. // Northern Ontario Business;Feb2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
Reports on developments concerning the business sector in Ontario as of February 2000. Schedule of the Ontario Municipal Board on the proposed shipping center in Sault Ste. Marie; Opening of a call center in Thunder Bay; Jobs created in the city of Timmins.
- AAA bringing 600 jobs to Clearfield. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/2/2015, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p2
The article reports on the plan of the American Automobile Association (AAA) of Northern California, Nevada and Utah, to open a call center in Clearfield, Utah in April 2015, which will be fully operational by January 2016 and is expected to create about 600 jobs.
- CNYBJ.COM BRIEFS. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/22/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p22
The article news briefs related to business in New York. Verizon announced that it will add 335 jobs to its call center in DeWitt in the next few years. The jobs will include a combination of management and associate positions. The Cornell University in Ithaca will host a conference on...
- Vivint to land here, staff up to 400. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);6/6/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 12, pA1
The article informs that Provo, Utah-based home-automation system maker Vivint Inc. has planned to open a sales call center in Liberty Lake and highlights that it expects to employ 400 people within the next 18 months.
- Fixing service disconnect. WALSH, DUSTIN; HENDERSON, TOM // Crain's Detroit Business;8/4/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p0001
The article discusses the increase in call center jobs as companies redirect customer questions in Michigan. Topics covered include the new local jobs created by rise of call centers in the state, how Michigan is competing with big call centers in places like the Philippines or India, and the...
- TEAM KLAMATH: SCORING THE BIG MINS. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, Special section p9
The article highlights the achievement of Team Klamath, an innovative public private partnership known for its responsiveness and top-down membership. The team was able to convince the NEW Customer Service Companies, a call center industry to put up business in their place. With these, the NEW...
- UP AND RUNNING: Call Britannia, Croydon. // Regeneration & Renewal;12/14/2009, p6
The article offers information on Call Britannia which aims to create social enterprise initiative to unemployed people back to full-time work in Croydon in London, England. The scheme received 500,000 pounds from Bridges Ventures, 350,000 pounds from Future Jobs Fund and 150,000 pounds from a...