ANOTHER GREAT DECADE FOR GOLD?
- THE NEW GOLD RUSH. CRANE, JONATHAN // Prague Post;10/ 3/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 40, pB1
The article reports on the increase in gold prices that has fueled interest in the rich mining deposits of Czech Republic and the possible opposition by environmental groups to gold mining operations in the country.
- Digital experts talk macho about gold mining. Osborne, Simon // FinanceAsia;Nov2011, p94
The article informs that the digital experts shed light on gold mining and the rising price of gold.
- Troilus Recognized for Outstanding Safety Performance. // Canadian Mining Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 123 Issue 6, p7
Deals with the recognition given to the Troilus gold mine north of Chibougamau, Quebec for its outstanding safety performance in 2001. Details of the awards; Information on Inmet Mining Corp.
- ASPECTS OF THE CONTRIBUTION OF BANKING AND INDUSTRIAL CAPITAL TO THE DEVELOPMENT AND MODERNIZATION OF GOLD MINING DURING THE EXISTENCE OF â€žMICA” COMPANY (1920-1948). Baron, Mircea // Annals of the University of Petrosani Economics;2007, Vol. 7, p5
The paper approaches certain aspects regarding the involvement of the banking and industrial capital in the development and modernization of gold mining during the existence of â€žMica" Company (1920-1948). The paper presents the political and economic factors contributing to the positive...
- Centamin reported increased production from Sukari gold mine in Egypt in second quarter 2014. // World Mining News;7/ 9/2014, p1
The article offers information on an announcement made by gold mining company Centamin on the increased production of gold in second quarter ending June 30, 2014, from its Sukari Gold Mine in Egypt. It reports that total gold production for the quarter is 81,281 ounces, which increased by 9...
- We're a nation of gold diggers... Els, Frik // Finweek;3/27/2008, p22
The article reflects on the economic benefits of gold mining in South Africa. He suggests that gold production may be a wise mean to increase the value of rand, the basic monetary unit of South Africa, since there are many gold mines in the country. He highlights the value of gold and its...
- The Right to Work the Gold Fields. Saffer, Barbara // California Gold Rush (1-59084-060-7);2003, p48
Many miners from the United States thought California's gold should be reserved for "white Americans." They resented and abused Indians and gold-seekers from other countries. Mining companies paid Indians low wages to work in the gold fields, and merchants charged Indians exorbitant prices for...
- Settling California. Saffer, Barbara // California Gold Rush (1-59084-060-7);2003, p54
Several California towns, including San Francisco, Sacramento, and Stockton, grew into large cities during the gold rush. San Francisco grew so fast that there was no time to construct buildings. The city was composed of tents, flimsy shacks, and abandoned ships hauled on shore and used as...
- Being a junior in Nevada. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan1998, Vol. 199 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the attractiveness of Nevada to junior mining companies. Percentage of gold output of the United States produced by Nevada; Major factors contributing to the appeal of the state to junior companies; Trends affecting gold mining in the state.