Samsung's Big Spend
- Org Chart. Maul, Kimberly // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses Samsung Electronics America Inc.'s separation of corporate communications from its marketing. It states that in July 2010, the company removed its communications from the discipline of marketing as part of its effort to progress and become more deliberate as a...
- Digital video delight. Scott, Christopher; Scaduto, Teri // Popular Electronics;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p24
Introduces DVD905, a digital versatile disc (DVD) player manufactured by Samsung Electronics America Inc. Features of the DVD905; Price of the product.
- Higher Profile For Samsung Garners Results. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p1
Interviews Peter Weedfald, the vice president of the North American division of Samsung Electronics America Inc. on corporate strategies adopted by the company in New York. Performance of the company in 2002; Reasons for rise in profits and sales of the company; Position of the company in the...
- briefs. // CRN;8/9/2004, Issue 1107, p55
Presents news briefs on several the electronic companies in the U.S., as of August 9, 2004. Resignation of executive Michael Zisman at International Business Machines Corp.; Decision of McAfee to terminate its distribution agreement with Merisel; Agreement signed by Samsung Electronics America...
- Samsung Debuts 'Nth-Screen' Strategy. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/21/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that Samsung Electronics America has unveiled its Nth-Screen strategy in the U.S. The strategy aims to promote content sharing and connectivity between Samsung's multiple display devices such as Smart TVs, Galaxy tablets, personal computers and smartphones. Easy content...
- Samsung's Partner Portal Delivers a 30 Percent Sales Increase. Schneider, Martin // CRM Magazine;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the partner relationship management (PRM) initiative at Samsung Electronics America's Digital Information Technology Division (DITD). Situation facing Samsung before launching its PRM initiative; Benefits of the launching of the initiative to Samsung DITD; Expected benefit of the...
- Samsung signs 'two-way' PHILA license. // CED;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Reports on Samsung Electronics America Inc.'s signing of a deal with CableLabs Inc. for a POD-Host Interface License Agreement (PHILA) license. Digital cable products planned by Samsung using its PHILA license; Proprietary products covered by PHILA.
- STASH AND BURN. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Oct2008, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p52
The article evaluates several DVD burners including Apple MacBook Air SuperDrive from Apple, TruDirect SE-T084M/RSWD from Samsung and DX-8A1H-05 from Philips and Lite-On Digital Solutions.
- Samsung puts local bus notebook systems on market. // InfoWorld;12/13/93, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p31
Reports on Samsung Electronics America Inc.'s shipment of its monochrome and active matrix color 486SX-based notebooks. Features; Option of a removable hard disk drive; Prices.