When Outside Directors Resign: Go Publicly or Leave Quietly?
- Concord EFS Adds 2 Outside Directors . Breitkopf, David // American Banker;1/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p20
Reports that Concord EFS Inc. has announced the election of Shirley C. Raines and Arthur N. Seessel as outside directors to its boards and resignation of Ronald V. Congemi, a senior vice president and its president of network services.
- IPOs Are Up A Bit. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/11/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 15, pB3
Reports on the improvement in the initial public offerings (IPO) filings in the U.S. in 2004. Number of IPO filed during the year; Remarks from Lambert, Edwards & Associates Inc. Jeff Lambert on the economic trend; Overview of IPO activity in the first quarter of 2005; Increase in the dollar...
- Board Composition and Firm Performance: Some Canadian Evidence. Chamberlain, Trevor W. // International Advances in Economic Research;Nov2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p421
The article discusses a study that examines the relationship between financial performance and the characteristics of Canadian public firms' board of directors from 2005-2007. It says that multiple regression was used to determine the inter relations among outside director variables and to...
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/2/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p20
Presents charts depicting initial public offerings in the U.S. Location of the businesses; Amount filed; First trade date.
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p22
Presents charts depicting the initial public offerings deals in the U.S. as of June 15, 2005.
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p23
Presents charts depicting the recent initial public offerings in the U.S. as of June 15, 2005.
- Clearwire shoots for $400M IPO. // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on a $400 million initial public offering filed by Clearwire Corp. in Kirkland, Washington. The move of the firm will help fund the company's efforts to expand its wireless broadband operations in the U.S. The company counted 88,000 subscribers in the country and 11,500...
- BANKRUPTCY VÃ‰RITÃ‰. LoPucki, Lynn M.; Doherty, Joseph W. // Michigan Law Review;Feb2008, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p721
The authors respond to James J. White's commentary on their article "Bankruptcy Fire Sales," which focused on corporate reorganization. They claim that their article compared the outcome of bankruptcy-related sales and bankruptcy-related reorganizations among public companies. They commend White...
- Rexel may go public again. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Oct2006, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p7
The article reports that the private-equity consortium that owns Paris, France-based Rexel SA is contemplating an initial public offering for the company on the Paris stock exchange, according to reports that surfaced in September 2006. This implicates that Rexel, which is the largest electrical...