Psychological Strength Training: Can it Help Employees Enhance Their Well-Being?
- Chapter 8: The Management of Occupational Stress. Beehr, Terry A.; Jex, Steve M.; Ghosh, Papia; Johnson, C. Merle; Redmon, William K.; Mawhinney, Thomas C. // Handbook of Organizational Performance: Behavior Analysis & Mana;2001, p225
Chapter 8 of the book "Handbook of Organizational Performance: Behavior Analysis and Management" is presented. It provides an overview of the practice of developing programs for the management of occupational stress. The four approaches to the study and treatment of occupational stress are...
- The effect of a cognitive and a physical stress-reducing programme on psychological complaints. Rhenen, Willem; Blonk, Roland W. B.; van der Klink, Jac J. L.; van Dijk, Frank J. H.; Schaufeli, Wilmar B. // International Archives of Occupational & Environmental Health;Mar2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p139
Objectives:To investigate the short-term and long-term effectiveness of two, brief, preventive, work stress management programmes. One programme was a cognition-focused programme, the other was a newly developed intervention in which physical exercise and relaxation were combined. It was...
- Assessing psychological distress in Zulu-speakers: preliminary findings from an adaptation of... Shanahan, S.F.; Anderson, S.J.; Mkhize, N.J. // South African Journal of Psychology;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p1
The SCL-90-R, a 90-item multidimensional self-report symptom inventory, was translated into Zulu. A multistage translation procedure, involving back-translation, decentering, and the committee approach was employed. The translated instrument was pretested on a group of Zulu farm workers (N = 12)...
- DESIGN CHOICE: STRESS BALL. Menon, Rajesh // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/11/2003, p10
Indonesia-based advertising agency BBDO Komunika's creative advisor Rajesh Menon described the usage of stress ball. In times of extreme emotional stress, all he do is hold it in his hand and go squeeze, release, squeeze, release. It works on the same principle as taking out one's frustrations...
- Need Stress Relief? // NEA Today;Mar2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p35
Presents ways to experience stress relief. Disadvantages of worrying; Importance of constant screaming; Relief from being child-like.
- Stop the stress. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/30/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 26, p9
An introduction of the special issue of the magazine is presented in which the editor talks about some advices from stress-free lifestyle expert.
- Preventing Stress in Therapy Dogs. Squibbs, Katie // Dog World;Jun2003, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p52
Discusses ways of preventing stress in dogs. Impact of stress on dogs; Definition of stress in animals; Types of stress; Factors which lead to variation in signs of stress in dogs; Ways to relieve stress in dogs. INSET: Signs of Stress.
- Less Stress is Best. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/19/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p2
The article focuses on the physical or emotional effects of stress on human beings as studies have shown that stress is one of the major causes of conditions such as migraines, stroke, eczema and mentions factors that lead to the development of stress such as weddings, divorce, and examinations.
- National Stress Awareness Month - nurture your body, mind and spirit. Marks, Grace // Navajo Times;4/11/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 15, pC-6
The author offers information about April as a National Stress Awareness Month and the opportunity to review what causes stress and choosing a way to nurture the body, mind and spirt daily to prevent stress.