POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Pulling Their Punches. Kosc, Wojciech // Transitions Online;6/21/2010, p7
The article presents information about the political campaigns of the presidential candidates, Broil Komorowski of Civic Platform (PO) and Jaroslaw Kaczynski of Law and Justice(PiS), in Poland. The campaigns are not full of aggression and have become subtle after the death of the president Lech...
- Jaroslaw Kaczynski: 'We Are a Threat. Why Hide It?'. Schreiber, William // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/20/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 25, p5
An interview with Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the brother of late Polish president Lech Kaczynski, is presented. When asked if Polish president Bronislaw Komorowski neglected the investigation into the death of his brother, he say Komorowski did not deal with it at all. He relates that if normal...
- Does Poland Really Know Belarus? Kascian, Kiryl // Transitions Online;3/7/2011, p2
The article presents the views of Jaroslaw Kaczynski related to Polish diplomatic chief, Radoslaw Sikorski, expressed in his article "Sikorski lost Belarus," in a previous issue of the periodical. Kaczynski reflects on Polish policy towards Belarus during his government. He opines that Polish...
- Run-off to Decide Presidency. Strybel, Robert // Polish American Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the presidential run-off election in Poland, which is scheduled on July 4, 2010, between BronisÅ‚aw Komorowski of the pro-business Civic Platform (PO) and JarosÅ‚aw KaczyÅ„ski of the Law and Justice (PiS) party.
- What's Next for Warsaw? // Polish American Journal;May2010, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the announcement made by Bronislaw Komorowski, Poland's parliamentary speaker, that snap presidential elections would be held by the end of June 2010 in accordance with the Polish Constitution.
- Country Update. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2011, pU-1
A political risk report for Poland as of November 2010 is presented. Bronislaw Komorowski, a former parliamentary speaker who assumed the presidency after the death of President Lech Kaczynski, defeated Kaczynski's twin brother, Jaroslaw, in an early presidential election. The government plans...
- Uproar Over Local Elections. // Warsaw Voice;Dec2014, Issue 12, Special section p6
The article reports the call by opposition politicians in Poland for a reconduct of the November 16, 2014 local elections due to chaos and alleged rigging of votes. The opposition parties Law and Justice (PiS) and Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) called for a special law to reduce the terms of the...
- ELECTION YEAR BEGINS. Żygulski, Witold // Warsaw Voice;Jan2015, Issue 1, p5
The article discusses presidential and parliamentary elections to be held in Poland in 2015, highlighting the possibility of President BronisÅ‚aw Komorowski to win the election, and the power retained by the coalition of the Civic Platform party and the Polish People's Party in local elections.
- Poland's Frat Party. Purvis, Andrew; Kucharski, Tadeusz L. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/7/2005, Issue 44, p15
The article reports that Lech Kaczynski, brother of Jaroslaw Kaczynski, who became Prime Minister of Poland after winning parliamentary elections in October 2005, was elected as the President of Poland. The Kaczynski brothers' appeal is due in large part to their promises to maintain social...