Current Account Will Remain In Surplus In 2010
- Review of the Balance of Payments of the Republic of Lithuania for Q1 2012. // External Statistics (Quarterly);2012, Issue 1, p9
The article presents an overview of the balance of payments of the Republic of Lithuania for the first quarter of 2012. Figures show deficits of its income and increases of its foreign trade balance. Moreover, its current transfer balance surplus decreased, while its foreign financial...
- BALANCE OF PAYMENTS HEALTHY. Steyn, Greta // Finweek;4/8/2010, p10
The article discusses the South African (SA) economy which depicts a healthy current account deficit. It states that the SA's balance of payment has improved giving the country more than enough foreign capital in the last quarter of 2009. Charts depicting the rise in exports, the trade surplus,...
- Lithuania Feb trade deficit shrinks. // Regional Today;4/11/2014, p3
The article reports that the merchandise trade deficit of Lithuania has declined to 303.6 million Lithuanian litas in February 2014 compared with 325.8 million Lithuanian litas a year ago.
- Lithuanian trade deficit narrows 9% in 9M. Interfax // Russia & CIS Business & Financial Newswire;11/11/2013, p1
VILNIUS. Nov 11 (Interfax) - Lithuania's trade deficit narrowed 8.9% year-on-year in January-September 2013 to 5.179 billion litai, the Lithuanian Department of Statistics said.
- Export Sector Momentum. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
The article presents the economic outlook in Macedonia particularly in the export sector. It believes that the Macedonian current acount will return to a deficit in 2008, which leads to a trade deficit above 20% of gross domestic product (GDP). It forecasts that the current account deficit as a...
- The Ups and Downs of Current-Account Deficits. Humpage, Owen F.; Shenk, Michael // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2009, p7
The article presents an analysis on the current-account deficit of the U.S. The current-account deficit continues to increase between 1995 and 2002, as well as the gross domestic product (GDP) growth as a result of the influx in the global savings. The increase in the current-account deficit...
- REGIONAL INDICATORS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1
The article presents statistics on various Caribbean economic indicators from 2009 to 2012 including gross domestic product, trade balance, and current account.
- External Demand To Pose Drag On C/A Surplus. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Oct2011, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p9
The article provides an economic outlook on the current account (C/A) surplus of South Korea. It highlights the increase in the C/A surplus from 2.2 billion dollars in May 2011 to three billion dollars in June 2011. It emphasizes the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) which...
- Limited Risk From Widening C/A Deficit. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
The article analyzes Brazil's 2008 current account deficit estimated at 1.496% of gross domestic product. According to the article, this is due to the appreciation of the real, the low export performance, high import level and the repatriation of funds by foreign companies. On Q108 the trade...