Centre-Left Set For Election Victory
- TACTICAL BLUNDERS. Paroek, Simon // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2006, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p3
The article reflects on the leadership of JirÃ Paroubek of the Social Democratic party in Czech Republic. The author stresses that the results of the June 2006 parliamentary election could be seen as a vindication of his leadership. Paroubek is considered to have transformed himself from...
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2006, p23
Presents forecasts on political leaders and political parties in the Czech Republic. Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek; Civic Democratic Party; Czech Social Democratic Party; Vaclav Klaus; Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia.
- CSSD Majority To Have Marginal Effect. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
The article discusses the politics and government in Czech Republic. It mentions that the Social Democrats (CSSD) has gained 12 seats out of 27 in the senate elections in October 2010; thus attaining a majority which will likely create influence over the austerity measures of the government due...
- Four Coalition parries in battle over buyout amendment. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p3
Reports the conflict between the lower house and the Senate over the privatization of state-owned stakes in companies in Czech Republic. Dispute on the proposed amendment to the Commercial Code; Demand for a forward of the original version of the bill by the Four Coalition; Statement regarding...
- Wake-up call for Czech politicians. O′Shaughnessy, Dermont // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the political activities of Social Democrats party in Czech Republic. Reason behind the phenomenon; Identification of the main party in the governing coalition; Attributions of the party's success.
- Czech Republic. // Czech Republic Country Profile;2011, p1
No abstract available.
- Czech Republic. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2014, preceding pU-1
A country report for Czech Republic as of December 2013 is presented. Political and economic forecasts through 2018 are provided including the early election that might result from a governance crisis, the potential impact of an influential policy role for the Communists on investors and the...
- GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL CONDITIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;Jan2008, p1
The article presents information on the political conditions in Slovakia. The highest legislative body of Slovakia is the National Council of the Slovak Republic. A number of political parties, including social democratic parties and the nationalistic Slovak National Party is supported by the...
- THE FAB BLAIR BOYS. Underhill, William; Krosnar, Katka // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/20/2004 Special Issue (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 144, p32
Focuses on Stanislav Gross, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic and, at 35, Europe's youngest Prime Minister. Service as a member of parliament for 12 years before taking charge of the Czech Republic's ruling Social Democratic Party in 2004; Observation that political prodigies are on the rise...